29. Seal the deal

Chapter track
Thank you for loving me- Bon Jovi

Happy reading (◍•ᴗ•◍)
_______________________________

Neil

"Your hands," I say, adoring her slender fingers against mine while she sits down with her back against my chest and my chin resting peacefully above her shoulder. "They're so beautiful."

"Thank you."

"They'd look the best when I put a ring as a sign of my marital commitment to you."

"You're obsessed with marriage, aren't you?" She smiles and I can't stop myself from kissing that depression on her cheek.

They say that dimples are a genetic disorder but looking at hers makes me wonder how a disorder can possibly look so beautiful on someone.

"I'm obsessed with you and I can't even think of a future without you," I speak, clutching her tighter in my embrace. "Please marry me, Bianca."

It is like the best Sunday I've ever had. Going to church with her after such a long time and now, sitting under a tree with her on a beautiful sunny day, as if nothing could get any better.

"How many times are you gonna say that?" She says between her chuckle.

"Until you agree on being my wife."

"I'm not agreeing on being a teenage wife."

"Then will you agree on being my teenage fiance at least?"

"If only you had a ring."

"Well.." I shift and pull out my wallet.

"What?" She asks, smiling nervously this time.

"Before returning here, I wanted to bring you a gift. So I went to the market with a hint of an idea that girls tend to love teddy bears, flowers and stuff but when I saw them there, it felt kind of cheesy, like I was shopping for a kid." She looks at me furrowing her brows. "Because you see, you are very important to me and I wanted to buy you something that would do a better job of conveying at least a few portions of my feelings for you."

"So?"

"So, there was this jewellery shop right in front of the store I was in." I fish out a ring from my wallet. "and I bought you this." It is a simple gold ring with two hearts studded with white stones in between.

Her eyes widens as she covers her mouth with her hand.

"So, Miss Bianca Gurung, it's very true that I'm head over heels for you." I say, really hoping that I'm looking confident because on the insides, I am almost on the verge of having a panic attack, so not ready to swallow the embarrassment of rejection. "I don't mean for you to feel trapped in this relationship. This is just my gesture of commitment towards you."

"So?" I swallow, expecting a response. "Will you?" I feel too hesitant and nervous to even complete the sentence.

She nods and offers her left hand to me. Her eyes are welling up and my heart clenches at the sight. I have never seen her as beautiful as she is looking right now.

I slide the ring on her fourth finger and kiss her forehead. She shifts around a bit and hugs me, covering her face within my embrace.

"I love you." She says.

I hug her tighter. "I love you more."

Well, in the end, it does get better.

****

"It would be so great if you guys wait at least until the school gets over before tying the knot."

It is lunchtime and Sia suddenly decides to voice her thoughts out loud. "It's high time that I put my focus on my studies rather than get excited about being a maid of honour and mess up my medical entrance."