37. The colliding hearts

Chapter track-
Dandelions — Ruth B.

Bianca

One week to our mid-term examinations and pretending to read a book, I'm secretly enjoying a live segment of a blooming love story from the bed I'm sitting on.

We might have stayed far apart from each other most of the parts as we were growing up but I know her enough to realise that Sia requires no tutor or guidance to earn excellent grades on her report cards. However, I do understand why she wants to host a group study and invite her classmates this time. And by classmates I mean Rohan and Neil.

I believe she invited Neil just to avoid any unwanted attention from our family and friends. Consequently, Neil is only acting as a third wheel in a session where Sia has used her books as a weapon in order to lure Rohan into spending time with her.

I just can't wait to see them finally get together and since we all are super close, wouldn't it be lovely to go on a double date someday?

I have been noticing that her eyes are drifted more towards Rohan than on her books, which isn't surprising but to her dismay, she eventually gets caught. Suppressing a laugh, I watch him raise his brow with a questionable look to which she shakes her head moving it back to her books. That action brings out a smile on his face which she misses as she's too busy pretending to read while her face is all flushed. His feelings for her are so vivid in his expressions yet for some reason he's always trying to hide it from her.

It's been five months since she's told me about her feelings for Rohan but they are yet to confess each other. I wonder how long this could go on. Although it's cute but at the same time it looks a bit painful, considering how hard they're trying to hide their feelings.

Neil is super engrossed in his work and I can't deny, he's never looked so attractive. I'd never seen him study before and the seriousness on his face is like candy to my eyes. I could kiss him right now. He suddenly adverts his eyes towards me and he smirks. Oh, I seriously want to be on the balcony with him. As if reading my mind, he licks his lower lip and winks at me. I know I'm blushing now, so I cover my face with the book to hide it.

.....

"What's wrong?" I ask Rohan whose head is laid on the piano where his fingers were supposed to be, like always.

"Nothing," he shrugs, still intact with the position, staring at the grey wall on his side.

"Either you get good at lying or you just learn to spill out the beans, like the way you make me."

"Sia likes me." He states bluntly. "I guess you know that already. But the problem is that she almost confessed that to me today. I succeeded in dodging her confrontation."

"What?" I'm shocked. "But why would you do that? You like her too, right?" She did tell me this morning that she was tired of waiting for him to take the first step to confession. Oh goodness! Why didn't I think that she could get rejected?

"I never told you that." He points out, finally sitting up straight.

"You don't need to tell me that. I know that you like her. You do, don't you?"

"Well, I don't think I can deny that." He shrugs.

"Then why?" I question, frustrated with his answer.

"Bia, we don't belong together. I wish I could make you understand. My life is a bit twisted, completely different from hers. It's just.." He lets out a sigh. "I simply don't want to be the reason to hurt her."

"Tell me something I've never heard." I say rolling my eyes, recalling how Neil was trying to "save" me from the pain. But look where we are now!