35. The wind of change

Chapter track-
Only love can break your heart- Gwyneth Herbert
_______________________________________
Unedited

Bianca

I'm exhausted, so exhausted.

From the moment I decided to study here, life has been like a series of dramatic rollercoaster rides. And now it's kind of getting me sick.

Although everything is now calm and sorted out, that day—it changed like everything.

I was already very distressed after what Neil did to Penzo. However, it wasn't the worst part.

"You should stop giving false hopes to Penzo if you really want to be with Neil." Sia had told me that evening and since then, I've started to hate myself. Maybe she's right. Maybe I have been unintentionally doing that or at least that's what it looks like.

Of all people, Sia probably thinks that I've been taking advantage of Penzo's feelings.

I'm aware of whatever Penzo had in his head for me, but before that, he's my friend and call me selfish, but I'm too afraid to lose a friend. I finally have friends!

It's not even like I treat him any differently than I treat the rest of the gang members. I don't even let him cross the safe boundary of our friendship and yet I ended up creating an unwanted friction within the gang. Sia must be hurt, I can understand. I've seen how glad she's about this group of us and me ending up like a villain is the last thing I desire.

But we were just having coffee and pastries, for crying out loud! Not a date! How on earth do they find faults in that act? Where do I even begin to defend myself?

"Babe," Neil brings me out of my thoughts. "Say something."

We're standing on our balcony with me wrapped within his embrace safely from behind. My back is warm against his chest and he is bent a bit forward to rest his chin on my shoulder.

Despite all the chaos, his presence has healing effects on me. I'm so much in love with this boy.

I had firmly decided to break up with him, but it was as good as impossible. I got so depressed and when he finally apologized to Penzo, I couldn't stop myself. I was dying to hug him and so I did.

"Babe," I call and he hums as a response. "

"Do you doubt my love for you?"

"No, baby. Not even a bit." He answers but my heart is still not relieved.

He turns me around to face him.

"Whatever I did that day, I regret it and my anger wasn't even directed towards you. And I apologised to Penzo too, you saw that right?" He brings his forehead to touch with mine. "I won't do that again, babe. I can't lose you. Your love is the most amazing thing I have." I smile at his statement and he kisses the tip of my nose.

"I love you." I say.

"Then wear this, will you?" He puts his hand inside his pocket and takes out the ring I gave him back that day. Holding it in front of my face, he continues- "Babe, I don't know what our future holds. I don't know if we might get separated, although I'll try my very best to avoid that, but we just can't be sure, right? However, make sure you keep this until the day you love me. Whether with me or without me, make sure this ring belongs to you until the day your heart belongs to me."

I nod as a response as he slides the ring into my finger and I try my best not to cry. Oh I've turned into such an emotional wreck! Why do I cry all the freaking time?

"And I'll wear this forever." He says and a smile automatically generates on my lips where he leaves a quick peck before holding me tighter into his embrace.
.
.