6. The escape

Chapter track-
River flows in you- Yurima
_____________________________________

Bianca

This is probably the tenth time that I'm glancing at my wrist watch, and the action is doing nothing more than growing the impatience within me.

Time flies when you're enjoying, but when you're hungry, it's like someone pressed the pause button.

Mrs Thinley, our history teacher, whose lectures sounded so much interesting a while ago, is now literally irritating me.

So, having just a slice of bread hasn't really proven to be one of the best decisions I made for breakfast and now I also regret going to the library instead of the cafeteria.

"What's wrong?" I hear Penzo whisper beside me. "You don't look good. "

"I'm hungry." I furrow my brows.

"You should have said that during the recess. "

I sigh and rest my elbow on the table with my face on my palm.

"Let me see." He hums while looking at his wristwatch. "After five minutes, the bell will ring for our English class and then exactly after forty minutes, we can go for lunch."

I close my eyes and lower my head with exhaustion.

"Hey, I don't know if you know it already but, we'll have combined English classes with the Science students." As soon as he says that, my eyes light up. "You're dreading to see Sia, isn't it?" He whispers.

"No!" I lie.

I didn't want to rely on somebody too much, that's the exact reason I left home. I was tired of hiding behind the shadow of someone else, but now I've ended up feeling left out in between the crowds, like a lost puppy. I know that Penzo is trying very hard to get along with me, but it's not so easy and God knows how much I'm trying.

All I want at times is to just sit by myself and not talk. I very much prefer to listen than to actually join a conversation but with Penzo-its getting rather impossible to remain in my comfort zone. He talks most of the time and I'm running out of words. Not that Sia knows how to remain silent, if I have to compare, Sia is one of the most talkative people I've ever seen but with her, I can just listen to her speak as much as she wants without worrying about what I need to talk in response and she lets me remain silent, not expecting an involvement in the duel conversation.

The bell rings and I let out a relieved sigh.

"I'm really missing my old Bia." Penzo speaks while we're getting ready for our next class.

"What?" I raise my brow.

"You know, I still remember the time when you preferred my company rather than Sia's." He says with a slight tilt of his head.

"You sure remember a lot." I shake my head smiling. "But I am no more the person I used to be and I hate that, really."

"What does that mean?"

"I don't know how to explain this to you, Penzo. I'm a social wreck and you look so different now that I'm feeling quite uncomfortable to just open up, you know. I'm simply bad at words."