PROLOGUE

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil."
                                       - John 3:19

Happy reading (◍•ᴗ•◍)
_______________________________

Neil

November 2010

"Should we leave him already?" Suvaan said, weariness spreading across his face.

"Yeah, we don't wanna be late, do we?" I said as I slid on my black leather jacket.

"Will he be able to handle it? I mean, he's never done that before. "

"We didn't tell him to do so! He asked for it! It's not even like he's been intact to other trips."

"But you know that it's not a mild drug, he doesn't even seem to be coping with it very well." He rubbed his temple and let out a frustrated sigh. "Almost nobody can cope with it– and you know that!"

"Well, should've preached that before all this started, don't you think?" Suvaan started to comb his hair with with his fingers and his glasses were unable to hide the fear in his eyes. "Look, we just can't sit here and wait until he gets his shit together. "

"I don't know, man. He doesn't look good."

I was getting frustrated.

"Oh c'mon now stop with that shit, will you? I don't wanna stay in this vomit reeking place and miss the damn opportunity, let's hurry up." I held him by the shoulder and walked towards the door, but his eyes didn't stop searching for the boy who sat on the floor in the corner of the gloomy room, rocking to and fro in a fetal position— throwing fits occasionally.

We ran down the building and rode towards the fest on my motorbike.

The signs of early winter were showing. The wind was freezing my hands, my face and the jacket wasn't doing a very good job as a shield to my body. The harsh weather was so painful that I was almost numb—but when you're high, you begin to fall in love with the numbness. It keeps you alive with the enclosure of the pain you begin to surround yourself with.

I was sixteen, so of course, I wasn't ready to legally own or ride a motor vehicle. I didn't have a license, but I had my own perks of being the only heir to one of the richest businessman in the district and it was more than enough.

Money could buy anything and the men in uniforms came on top of the list.

We reached the location after ten minutes of high speed. We left my bike in the car park and walked across the loud and massive swarm of colliding bodies possessed by the wild euphoria under the open, dark sky. It thundered every once in a while, notifying that it was gonna rain any time soon, but not a single soul cared about that. Everyone was way too busy screaming, dancing and certainly having the time of their lives.

But something felt different that night. There was something very sinister in the atmosphere, something evil, clearly notifying that it's dangerous for you but yet so tempting that you could fall to the dark abyss for a moment of pleasure while risking the daylights forever.

When we eventually reached the backstage after few minutes of struggle in the crowd, we were greeted by one of the event managers and the rest of the band members who were certainly pissed off.

"Thank God, you came!" The manager exclaimed, "Be ready, you'll go in five." After saying that, he rushed away.

"Where the fuck were you?" Jordan yelled.

"Chill out, mate! We're still on time."

We got ready with our instruments and proceeded towards the stage when we were called out.

The blinding lights fell upon us, making sure that the crowd appeared almost invisible for sometime, but when I hit the strings of the electric guitar, the whole crowd roared with excitement, letting me know of their existence.

The Autumn Music-festival in Darjeeling was no joke; it wasn't easy to get a chance to perform in that stage. We were young, but we were pretty good at what we did and because we had numbers of experiences which gained us a beneficial popularity, we luckily got the shot.

My parents were against my choice of music because they thought I wasn't supposed to follow the heavy metal artists as it was against 'Christian faith', to which I couldn't disagree more.

I couldn't kill my desires because of someone I couldn't see. I was already getting a huge amount of appreciation through thrash metal, so it didn't make any sense to follow the binding rules of the faith. I was happy, it was all that mattered to me and if God and my parents really loved me, they were supposed to respect my interest as well.

I alone am the master of my life.

We were on the midway of our first song– Fear of the dark by Iron Maiden, when it started to rain, but it couldn't chase away anyone from the terrain. Instead, the shower encouraged the crowd to go wilder and louder than it already was.

After a few Black Sabbath and Metallica's songs and several headbangs, we finally finished our performance, successfully.

When we were preparing to leave, Suvaan suddenly came and stood near me. He looked horrified, his face was pale and he held his glowing cellphone near his chest as he stared down at me.

"N..Neil," His voice barely above a whisper.

I furrowed my brow in response.

"Dupden jumped off the balcony. " My heart froze when those words left his mouth.

And my world turned upside down.

______________________________________

A/N: So, how was it? Interesting enough? Or does it still lack a good impression?

I'm anxious.

It took so much time to come out with this chapter because I had to do plenty of researches and as I have to connect this part in the future story line, I had to work harder with my brain.

Please be supportive and let me know what you think.

And one thing—the views provided above are completely according to Neil's point of view so please don't judge me with that, I'm just portraying a character, not myself.

One more thing, I think I owe telling this to my readers- I am from Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim, India and my husband is from Kurseong, a small town in the district of Darjeeling.  Actually, the main two characters from this book also belong to the places I mentioned above. The reason why I did that is simply because its easier for me to portray the visions that are true to my eyes, other than that, most of it  is just pure fiction. What I'm trying to say is-- *THIS STORY IS NOT BASED ON TRUE EVENTS. I know you don't even care, but still, I like blabbering about the things I CARE ABOUT.

Don't forget to vote and drop a comment. Thank you

Happy reading

Love ya<3