Chapter 31

The moment Krystal enter the event hall a romantic melody started to play but it never registered to Krystal's mind as she was looking blankly to Lay who is waiting for her.

At that very moment, she wanted to turn around and leave the place. She cant explain the feeling she's having at the moment.

If she's excited, worried or confused.

She never realized that she was standing the whole time till the musician played the next song. She get back to her trance when she sees Lay started walking toward her.

She just look at him, no words wanted to come out in her mouth as she analyze the situation she is having right now.

.........................

"Thank you for coming, I know I startled you because of the set up. But please just hear me out ." Lay uttered as she approach Krystal and handed the bouquet.

Krystal out of respect accepted the bouquet but never say a single word as she was still contemplating.

Lay then gestured her to the table that was prepared for them. Like a robot Krystal followed and seated in front of Lay. 

Lay then signal the stand by water to bring the course they prepare.

"ehhmmm.."Lay cleared his throat as he realized the atmosphere was getting awkward because of Krystal silence.

"I know you are confuse right now and wanted to know what's going on, but before that  please let us enjoy the meal first."

Before she could even speak a single word, the waiter brought their food together with a bottle of wine.

Aside from the music that was playing only the clanks from their utensils and plate echoed the room as Krystal keep her silence.

..........................................................

They where having their chit chat as catching up when a familiar man appear in the scene.

"Amberrrrrrrr" the man shouted excitedly that got their attentions.

He suddenly attacked Amber with a hug.

"Finally, you're back"

Amber chuckled at the dramatic entrance of her friend.

"Yahh.. Mike..hahaha... i cant breathe" then Mike immediately release the hug to check upon Amber.

"Gosh..I really miss you dude, Its been a while, I miss cleaning up your mess" Mike blurted jokingly.

"Seriously Mike.. " she responded that got every one in the room laughing because of their antic.

..........................

"How are you?" Mike ask Amber as they got the moment to talk.

"I'm fine I guess, finally cleared my mind and ready to get back the job I left here"

Mike just stare at her.

"Really Mike, I'm all good, that's why I'm back."

"I know you are okay right now but I'm not talking about the company or work. I'm asking if that (he pointed at Ambers where heart situated) is okay now."

She got what Mike is talking about. She just smiled faintly and turn her face away from Mike and look from afar while sipping her wine.

"You know wounds heal by time just the scars reminds the cause" She uttered.

By that answer he knows that Amber still longing for the person that the reason why she left the country.

"You know what, if you still love her, you can still pursue her."