Chapter 20

Adam woke up late because of the party, the first thing he look for is Amber.

Luckily he saw Mike.

"Good morning Mike, have you seen Amber?"

Mike give him a faint smile.

"She's on her way to Los Angeles for a business trip"

"You're kidding right? She's drunk as hell last night, she might still have some hangover"

"I really hope so that it was just a joke but its not"

" Until when she's in Los Angeles?"

"About a year maybe"

Mikes answer woke up Adams sleepy soul.

"What? Are you for real? Why?"

"Well before she left she told me to give this letters to you, it might help to answer your question." Adam blankly accepted the letter then Mike make his way out leaving Adam blankly looking at the letters. On the first letter his name was written and on the second one is Krystal's name. Somewhat the name on the other letter stir something on his mind that he can't pin point what it was.

.....,.............

"This is the least i could do, its for me and for them. I just hope im making the right decision " Amber talk to no one as she boarded the plane. She know its not the best way to get out on the situation she face right now but she thinks its the best not to be around while the people involve sort things out for themselves. She's been hurt so much because of what happen but she can't be selfish so she decided to voluntarily be out of the picture.

...,..............

Adam took his breakfast first and set the letters aside. He got a hint that something is going on especially having those letter so he decided to be sober before he read it.

"Did you enjoy the party last night?" The old man Liu ask him as they had their breakfast.

" Yes grandpa, the best party i attended so far. Thank you for it. Anyway, Amber.. she just left suddenly for a business trip. I thought will be collaborating as soon as i was announced to the public."

The old man stayed quiet for a while and cleared his throat.

"Uhhmm.. you'd better get use to the party cause you'll be attending more in the future as a representative of our company. And about Amber, i think she just need some time and a new environment for her to grow more. I think its the best thing so you can focus on our branch here as her replacement. And you can work together in the future when she gets back"

Adam just nodded, he's a lil bet disappointed because Amber just leave without telling him and he was so excited to work with her but he thinks that his grandpa has a point. He needs to learn by himself and be able to work with Amber sooner.

.................

Adam

Hey bro! I know you'd be wondering why i left so suddenly without telling you. Im sorry about that but its the only way i think that could help me,you and her.
Yes, her. I don't know if you remember her or you get parcels of memory before your accident about her.
Im talking about Krystal, that girl who run away from me last night.
I don't know how on earth this happen to me, why it has to be me, why i had to know her or maybe its because i was destined to meet her for you to find her. Isn't it ironic? Haha. Don't be surprised but Krystal is a part of your past. Your past that you don't remember. I wanted to be selfish the first time i know about the truth but i cant afford to steal a lil angels dream of meeting her father. Yes, you've got a daughter, a beautiful princess that any father would fight for if she gets hurt. A beautiful angel that's so sincere, loving and smart. She could be any parents dream child. And i really love her hope you don't mind.
About Krystal, its something complicated that put me into trouble the first time we meet. I was hit by her slap that intended to be yours. I don't know what really happened the last time you see each other as she think that you left her after you know that she's carrying my lil princess (hope you don't mind again).  She was really devastated as i experience her wrath that was meant for you, but she's actually nice hope you remember that.
That night she run away from me is where the things become over for us, as i decided to let her know the truth cause i think its the best thing to do. She deserves the truth.
Don't feel guilty for what happened because nobody wanted it in the first place. We are all  just become a victim of fate. So im telling you, go fix what you had to fix. Make the right things and be a responsible father to Soo. She deserves a complete family. I hope things between you and Krystal become clear. Im stepping out of the picture voluntarily cause i wanted what's best for the kid. Don't even think of being a coward and don't fix what's gone wrong or ill be the one to knock your head out. Don't mind me because its not about me. Mind your daughter.

Ps. Please give Krystal my farewell letter. Ill be back someday when im ready.

..........

Adam blankly stare at the letter after he read it. Mind blown by the facts he just read. He got mixed emotion as he comprehend what he just read. He was a father. A truth he didn't remembered until now.
A sudden throbbed in his head trigger    a parcel of memory of a girl that looks familiar to him.

"Krystal.." he uttered as he realize that the girl he remember was indeed Krystal.

......

"Umma, i miss appa" Soo uttered out of nowhere as she approach her mother that is preparing their breakfast.

Krystal suddenly paused as she heard Soo's sudden confession while Jessica look worried at her. Krystal didn't say a word and become quiet on the other hand Jessica approaches Soo whose now busy settling herself in the chair.

" I think your appa misses you too" Jess answered out of nowhere.

"But why does appa doesn't visit me anymore.?” its been 2 weeks since Amber left for Los Angeles.

"Maybe your appa is just busy with their business or maybe she's out of town. She always visit you whenever she got back from her trip right? She always surprise you, maybe she'll come by when she get back" Jess comforted a sulking Soo.

"But appa doesn't call me anymore, can we call Appa?” Soo sudden request as her face lighted up.
Jessica was caught off guard, don't know what to respond to her niece knowing the situation between Amber and Krystal is no good.

"Aahmm, later after our breakfast, okay? Will try to call your appa, okay?" Soo nodded her head happily.

....

"You should not put her hopes high unnie, you know they won't be able to meet cause Amber already left and doesn't plan on coming back" they where talking while cleaning the dishes and while Soo was distracted from watching her favorite cartoon.

Krystal was told by Mike that Amber already left 2 days after her flight. Mike told her that Amber might be staying there for good.

" I dont have a choice Krys, you too know how she really misses Amber, she might be hurt when she knows that she can't see Amber anymore." They just both sighted as they know what Jessica said was true.

......

Adam admiringly look at the photo in his hand, truly an angelic kid she was. He had background check Krystal and Soo to know  them better before he plan to meet them and give Ambers letter to Krystal.

......

"This is now or never" Adam uttered as he drove off to Krystal's house.

....

On the other part of the world.

"Gotcha" Amber uttered as she pick up the ball that rolling towards her and a shy little girl approach her looking at the ball.

"here you go kiddo" she handed the ball to the little girl with a smile.

"Thank you, mister" the kid assumed shes a guy because of her get up.

She chuckled at the thought but didn't bother to correct the kid.

"Your welcome" she said happily as she pat the girls head.

"Soolen, lets go" someone shouted from afar looking at the kid then the kid rush toward her.

Amber just stood at her spot bringing her hand into her pocket while remembering someone she misses so much.

"My little Soo, I hope i can see you again someday, i misses you so much" she talk to no one. But deep inside she know that it's not only Soo that she misses but also Krystal. She just shrugged the idea because shes on the process of moving on.

......................................

That feeling of giving way just because you cant fight the thing you think you dont have a chance with is so PAINFUL.

Thank you for staying readers.💕