Chapter 28

"you seems lost, are you okay?"

Taeyeon nudge Amber as she space out.

"Huh? Mmmhh yeah, of course"

Taeyeon just eyed her , she knows at that moment Taeyeon don't believe her.

"Well.. i...ammhh. just kinda remember what happen at the beach while i get wasted" she told her hesitantly.

"Like?" She knows Taeyeon wont stop her till she spill it out.

" I just found out that Krystal and Adam didn't end up together"

"So?" Surprised with Taeyeon respond, she expected her to be surprised atleast or confuse as to why but Taeyeon seems to know more about it than her.

"I mean it didn't work out for them, do you know about it?" She ask curiously .

"Yes, cause i ask Krystal myself about her and Adam."

"Really?"

"Yes, and it's because she loves someone else"

"She told you that?" Amber ask in disbelief.

"Well, she really not literally told me but the way i see her gesture and all, i know she's in love with someone else. And not with Adam"

Amber releases a sigh. Now she really confirmed that what Adam told her was really true.

"What's with the sigh?"

"Well, i kinda feel bad for Adam. "

" Because they didn't end up together?"

She just nodded in agreement.

They become silent until the rest of the flight.

..........

"Will Adam bring Soo later after they bid goodbye to Amber?" Jessica ask Krystal as they chill in the living room.

"Yes, he said they will get here right away from the airport"

"Okay" Jess answered shortly but her eyes was pick on Krystal who's stirring her coffee inattentively.

"Are you okay?" Krystal who's awaken from her thoughts by Jess question.

"Huh?. Ahh. Yeah..why?"

"You seems  lost from your thoughts"

"Am i?"

"Well, obviously, i know you from head to toe, so spill it out"

"Its nothing?"

"Common, you know i won't stop"

"Its really nothing unnie"

"Is it about Amber?"

Krystal almost spit out her coffee with Jess sudden remark.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Common Soojung, just tell me" she said crossing her arms. She doesn't have an intention to stop interrogating Krystal.

Hearing her unnie call her Soojung, Krystal know Jessica is dead serious and won't stop till she speak up.

"You missed her, do you?"

She smiled bitterly, cause she can't deny after a year of being apart and without proper closure Amber's still hold a little space in her heart.

"Will, kinda? Maybe because its the first time we've seen each other after a long time."

"Well there's nothing wrong about it and its okay, after all she happened to be a part of your life for a while. "

"But she's happy now, so i must be happy too cause we both choose to be apart in the first place."

"But are you really going to be happy now that Amber seems to finally move on?"

"Even if its hard and will take more time, i should be. I can't be selfish for my own happiness. She deserves to be happy"

Jessica just become speechless with her sisters word. She's happy that Krystal takes the situation maturely but sad at the same time cause she know that her sister had a lot of regret at the moment.

"It's okay, you still have Sooyun and me, someday someone will come unexpectedly that you deserve"

"Thanks unnie, i know i have you both thats why im still lucky"

..........

Krystal was enjoying her smoothie in a cafe near Soo's school as she wait for her.

A waiter placed a piece of cake in her table which got her confused.

"Excuse me, i didn't order this, i think you got it wrong" she told the waiter as he was about to leave.

"Its for you maam, it's on the house" she narrowed her brow because of confusion.

Then the waiter pointed someone behind the stand of cakes who's watching them.

She look at the guy  with a questioning look.

The guy then get out of the counter and remove his apron and give it to the waiter and approaches her table.

"Do you mind?" He's pertaining to the chair opposite to her if he can seat. Krystal just nodded but still confuse.

"Sorry for getting you confuse, this cake is on the house, you seem to be our regular customer so we've give you a complementary dessert hope you don't mind"

She just nodded again and smiled awkwardly thanking the guy in front of her.

"By the way im Lay, the owner of this place" the guys introduced himself extending his hand towards Krystal in which she shyly answered.

"It's Krystal" then they did a brief shake hands.

"I hope this won't make you stop coming here" Lay apologetically told Krystal as he find her getting awkward by the situation.

"Don't worry, i was just startled and acted that way."

There talk didn't just stop with the introduction but some other matter until the bell rung that indicates Soo's end of class.

"Im sorry to interrupt but i need to go, i need to pick up my daughter" she politely told Lay.

"You've got a child?" Lay look so surprised.

"Hmm yes?" Krystal awkwardly answered that seems like a question.

"Ohh, sorry about my response, i just. I mean you don't seem to have a child. Anyway i hope you could drop by together with your daughter sometime."

"Sure, she loves sweet, so she might like it here"

"That's great, then I'll expect you both sooner"

"Yeah sure, ill better get going"

Then Krystal bid her goodbye and headed directly to Soo's school.

Lay watch Krystal walking away from their cafe. Satisfied that he finally build his courage to approach her after a long time of eying her since the day she started waiting Soo in the cafe.

...........

A short UD peps. Kinda not feeling good right now.
Pleas be safe always.