07.

xx

        Argent parked his car within Beacon Hills Preserve, two other cars coming up next to him. "You knew." He looked over to Scott. "You knew you could get me to help."

        "That's what you do, isn't it?" When Scott didn't get a reply, he and Chris got out of the SUV.

        Derek, Isaac and Elora were waiting for them, the girl getting a double take from Argent.

        "Elora." She identified herself to the hunter.

        Chris nodded, moving on to the footprints in the ground. "You're tracking them by print?"

         "Trying to." Scott said, the pair crouched down.

         "Well, then you've been wasting your time. There's only one creature that can visually track footprints," Chris stood up, "and that's man. And if you're not trained like me you have no idea that this print is Boyd's and these-"

        Isaac pointed, "Are Cora's."

        "No, they're yours."

         Isaac was having a rough night.

         "You trampled Cora's as soon as you walked over here. "Argent informed, "Listen, I know the three of you are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon, but that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who have fully given in."

         "They've put the pedal to the floor while you boys are barely hitting the speed limit." Elora said, her arms crossed over her chest.

         "So what do we do?" As his cousin had her arms crossed, so did he.

         "Focus on your sense of smell." Chris said, "Actual wolves are known to track their prey by up to 100 miles a day by scent. A trained hunter can use scent to track them. If the wind is with them, they can track a scent by a distance of two miles, which means we can draw them to us, or into a trap."

         Scott caught a net from Chris, looking over it curiously.

         "The full moon does give us one advantage." Chris was fully prepared, "They'll have a higher heat signature, which makes them easier to spot with infrared."

         All of them caught specialized binoculars, but both Elora and Derek exchanged looks.

         "Thanks, but i've got my own." Derek said, his eyes burning red for a moment.

         "So do I." Elora said, capable wihout glowing eyes to catch body temperatures.

         Chris let it go, "Just remember, we're not hunting wild animals. Underneath those impulses are two intelligent human beings. Don't think they can't rely on that human side. It's suppressed, but it's there, reminding them how to mask their scent, how to cover their tracks, how to survive."

         The group of five walked out to the lookout point, the town twinkling below in ignorant bliss.

         "When was the last time you saw your sister?" Chris asked Derek, his eyes on Beacon Hills.

         "Not in years. I thought she died in the fire."

         "Do you feel like you have a lock on her scent?" Argent moved subjects when Derek shook his head, "Scott, how confident are you in your skills?"

        Scott breathed out, "Honestly, most of the time, I'm trying not to think of all the things I can smell."

        "Alright," A plan was forming in the hunter's head. "The problem is when they breach the woods and hit the residential area."