18.

xx

"They found a third body?"

Allison and Scott stood in Gerard Argent's room at the personal care home, the man himself in a wheelchair with black staining below his nose and mouth.

"Another doctor," Allison answered, "right after Scott found Deaton."

"Right after?" Gerard raised and eyebrow, "Almost like it was expected he'd survive."

Scott kept his focus on him, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"How do you know your Dark Druid isn't your wise veterinarian himself? Maybe he knew you'd find him. Maybe he planned it that way."

"He would never let anyone innocent die," Scott urged.

"Don't be so sure. You'd be surprised how far come people would go to get rid of someone like Deucalion."

Allison leaned on the window, arms crossed over her chest. "Or someone like you?"

Gerard laughed, "I don't go easily, though, do I?" He spat into a tissue, the unknown black substance littering it. "You know, Scott, you've made me somewhat of a celebrity here. I'm a medical mystery. The cancer is now virtually undetectable, but the doctors have no clue why my body keeps producing and ejecting this bizarre black fluid."

"I did what you wanted me to do," Scott said. "Tell us how to beat him."

Gerard scoffed, "You can't. I've tried."

"Then this is a complete waste of time," Allison announced. "He doesn't know anything. Sorry you did this. Let's go."

"Wait."

Allison held a slight smirk, knowing she'd get an answer out of him.

"I can tell you one thing," Gerard had fallen for his granddaughter's trick, one she'd learned from him. "Deucalion may have lost his eyes, but he's not always blind."

xx

Rain poured down, slowly washing away the alphas' vendetta on the wall of windows in the Hale loft.

Cora and Stiles listened to Peter's story, each wondering where Derek had gone.

"I bet he even blames me."

Elora and stalled at the bottom floor of the building, hearing the crap story her uncle was giving about Paige.

"He's probably convinced himself the whole thing was my idea."

The witch was flourishing with anger as she climbed the stairs. She was fuming as she reached the top floor. Flinging open the loft door with a touch, she stormed in. Going directly up to Peter, she punched him flat in the face before he could react.

Cora and Stiles jumped up as Peter staggered backwards.

"Don't you dare, Peter. Don't you dare."

Peter cupped his face, "Don't what, Elora?" He spoke like she was crazy, pain coursing through him.

"Lie about Paige! What the hell is wrong with you? You're the reason. It is your fault." Elora felt like she was going to explode. "You've probably lied about the whole damn thing. You have no right."

Cora looked between the two, "Peter?"

Elora glared into her uncle's eyes, "I will give you cancer, I swear to god. You'll end up in a body bag if you ever lie about Paige again."