65.

x x 

       "You can't actually be serious about going back to work today."

       Sat on the edge of Elora's bed, Isaac couldn't quite comprehend what he was hearing as the witch skirted around her room in an attempt to get ready for the day.

       "I'm perfectly fine, Isaac," El said over her shoulder as she leafed through the wardrobe. "Stiles is in Eichen so there's no way I can't be there, too."

       "Stiles is the reason you lost a leg yesterday, El," countered Isaac with a light sigh, rubbing the back of his neck.

       "No." Elora pulled a navy blouse from a hanger, barely moving before it was on her completely. "Stiles didn't do a damn thing wrong. Yakunan is doing this."

       "Elora-"

       "Isaac, I'm going to work. I already left Malia alone for too long in there and I am perfectly capable of being there, so I need to be."

       Already dressed for school, Isaac was leaned forward on his elbows. "Elora, you've already played hero-"

       "This isn't about being a hero," she replied as she tucked the 3/4 sleeve blouse into the waistband of her white flare slacks. "He's possessed because of me. I'm not being a hero, I'm cleaning up my mess."

       There was only so many times he could tell her to stop blaming herself before he knew it was falling on deaf ears.

       "So you get blown up by a bomb and grow back a leg, and work the next day?"

       "So you get electrocuted and revived by warlocks and go to school the next day?"

       Isaac sighed with a laugh, "I - okay, you got me."

       El lightly grinned as she slid on her heels, standing up straight once the brown wedges were on. "I've always got you, Lahey."

       Isaac held out a hand to Elora, smiling as he pulled her over to sit on his lap. "Yeah," he said as he brushed a curled piece of hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. "Yeah, you've always got me."

       Tell him about Camden. Tell him about Camden.

       "So, you met my parents," sighed Elora, arms around his neck leisurely as she balanced on his lap. "And I didn't even get to introduce you."

       "Well, you were a little preoccupied. Growing a leg back isn't exactly a boring or quick process," replied Isaac. "But they were wonderful, and the reason I'm not burned or in a coma."

       "They're good at healing, that's for sure," said El lightly.

       Isaac's eyebrows arched, "Everything okay?"

       El only smiled, Isaac yet to learn about the events with Fuzen and the forgotten past that had been brought back to light.

       "Everything's fine," replied Elora as she absently ran a thumb along his cheek. "I'm just so glad you're okay."

       "I'm more than okay," Isaac said. "I'm doing fantastic because we're both alive and together. That's all I really need."

       "You're such a sap," she said with a warm laugh.

       "Only for you." Isaac leaned in, pressing his lips to hers, holding both her waist and cheek.

       El smiled against his lips as she kissed him back, a genuine happiness so bright it practically radiated off of her.