57.

x x

       "Our brother, Charlie. We had a brother."

       The atmosphere of the abandoned warehouse swelled, Allison leering as Elora's tears continued to flow. An impossible look crossed Charlie's face, distorted in an unfamiliar way, but Chris had stayed silent.

       "Allison vaguely remembers a story you told her when she was little," Fuzen announced, eyes directed at Chris. "Of why you couldn't bring her to see Grandpa when you were finished working, how there had been a "natural disaster" and that you couldn't go back for a while to Beacon Hills." The figure of Allison absently paced the warehouse's concrete floors, sighing flatly. "That natural disaster was Peyton Danielson."

       "That natural disaster was you," Elora spat, her sorrow reverting to utter fury as she rose from the ground. "You took him from us. You let him die for you. Why should you get to live instead of him?"

       "Because, brat, that's how it works!" Allison shouted, dark laughter rumbling in the back of her throat. "I was around before Christianity and I'll be around a lot longer than it. A single human lifetime is nothing - just like your brother."

       Elora Danielson had persevered through the betrayal of Charlie, the Hale House Fire, the Dread Doctors' first visit, and even the Wild Hunt in Paris, but this - this broke her.

       A primal scream echoed from Elora, eyes burning stark white as the world crashed down on her. Her entire body lifted off the ground, a surplus of unnatural power barreling from her palms as she lunged at Allison through the air, it an unknown lilac fire that had never been created by the young witch.

      But whatever it was, it was born from pure anger.

       Charlie hastily grabbed Argent's shoulder, the pair vanishing out of sight as Elora collided with Allison, the force sending them out of the open warehouse doors.

      Moonlight poured onto their figures, the nogitsune's host coughing violently as the wind was knocked out of them. The disturbed dust swirled around Elora and Allison, the witch on top of Fuzen as she slammed a fist into her face, eyes returning to green.

      Argent and Charlie ran out after them, Chris screaming for Elora to stop.

       "Do it," Allison egged on, grinning through the blood seeping from her mouth. "Do it, Elora. Kill Allison. Watch another person you love die."

       "I know that's what you want," El growled, hand clutching Allison's throat as she pinned her to the ground.

       "That's exactly what I want," she spat, "because both of us know it won't do a damn thing to me."

       "But this will," Elora whispered, lifting her hand from Allison's throat, instead letting it hover over the center of her chest.

       Allison's eyebrows immediately furrowed, busted lip bleeding as her host began to tingle. "What are you doing?"

       "I'm killing you, Fuzen."

       Elora's hand skimmed slowly above Allison tracing up her body with an all-knowing look in her eyes.

      Deep brown eyes widened, the brunette staggering for breath as she began to cough.

      "Don't fight it," Elora hummed, traces of a smile on her lips as a steady palm hovered over Allison's neck, going up and up until -

      A buzzing emerged from Allison's throat, a last cough sending a glowing light from her body.

      Elora held the seemingly yellow orb suspended in the air above Allison, the teen lapsing into unconsciousness.