67.

x x

"You kept saying linked. I didn't think it was quite so literal."

"Neither did I."

Allison mildly paced the living room of the Argent apartment, holding her phone as it remained on speaker with Elora. "He dies, you die."

"I die, he dies," said El with a sigh through the phone.

"Hang on." Allison broke off, opening the front door when a text from Scott came through.

Scott, Isaac, Ethan and Aiden stood outside, filtering into the apartment past Allison.

"My father said all of the Katashi evidence is being moved to a federal lock up by an armored car tonight, probably within the next few hours."

Allison joined Lydia in the office doorway, the banshee having been there for two hours already. The phone was still lit up with Elora's contact, every word going directly to her at Eichen.

"We're going to rob an armored car?" Ethan asked in disbelief.

"Well," said Lydia, "we're going to try."

"Sounds like fun to me," commented El with a grin in her voice.

"Are you not helping?" Scott asked, the group filing into Argent's office to go over the plan.

"No, no its better if I stay here, with Stiles. We've got a mission of our own." In other words, I don't want to risk my life because it also means risking Stiles'. "But I'd love to hear what your night will be like."

Isaac looked between Allison and Lydia, leaning on the oak desk. "Let's hear it, then."

And within fifteen minutes, the master plan had been laid out.

"This is a bad plan," Scott bluntly said.

"It's not that bad," attempted Lydia, sitting near by.

Ethan walked around the back of Lydia, arms folded over his chest. "It's not that good."

Aiden sat slouched in a chair with a hand to his forehead, massaging his right temple.

"Very helpful, thank you," Isaac mildly said, joining up with most of the group as they shifted to the desk.

"None of us knows the route they're going to take," Lydia relayed. "If Allison can get one of her dad's GPS trackers on the armored car, then we can follow it."

"So when it gets here-"

"We attack them," interrupted Aiden, the only one not with the group.

Lydia turned around, sighing. "No. Your bikes will be in the middle of the road, looking like you guys got into an accident. And," she turned back around, "when the driver gets out to help-"

"We attack them," repeated Aiden.

"No," Lydia and Allison stressed in sync.

"You'll distract him," the redhead continued, "and Scott will break open the back door."

Scott paused, unsure. "I hope."

Lydia rolled her eyes before looking to Isaac. "And you'll get Katashi's finger."

"It's not his actual finger, is it?" Ethan asked, arms absently folded.

"It's a silver prosthetic," El told him.