16.

xx

Elora met Stiles outside of Beacon Hills Memorial, looking more like herself in clothes meant for a twenty year old and not a teacher.

"Scott's with Allison and Cora's with Lydia," Stiles informed her, he and Elora making their way into the building shrouded by death. "We just need to see if we can find anything on Danny that will help."

"Seems easy enough." Elora followed him through back halls, well aware they were sneaking in. "Boyd, Derek and Isaac have a plan going. The alphas are coming for Derek tonight."

Stiles came across Danny's room, giving Elora a soft nod. Quietly they went into the room darker than the rest of the building, shutting the door behind them.

Danny, no less, was peacefully sleeping.

Stiles took one side of the bed as Elora took the other.

Leaning over, the Stilinski boy investigated if Danny was really out of it. "Danny, you awake?" he whispered, shaking Danny's shoulder and lightly tapping his face. "Danny?"

Elora and Stiles both backed up, Danny inhaling deeply before Stiles could backhand him.

"Fff- wow." Stiles caught himself, his heart racing. He winced a little as Danny groaned, glancing over to Elora.

El pointed to the backpack on the chair, staying quiet and nonverbally telling Stiles to go through it.

Stiles went down on his knees, unzipping the messenger bag and parting the sides.

"What are you doing?" Danny mumbled, barely coherent.

Stiles rotated towards Danny, "N- I'm not doing anything, Danny. This is just a dream that you're having."

Elora covered her face, Stiles going back to the bag.

"Why are you going through my stuff?"

Stiles surfaced again, "Right," he whispered, "but only in the dream, remember? Dream. You're dreaming."

"Jesus, Stiles," Elora softly mumbled, running a hand along her jaw.

Danny didn't seem to want to buy it, "Why would I dream about you going through my stuff?"

Stiles popped back up, "I don't know that, Danny, okay? It's your dream. Take responsibility for it. Just shut up and go back to sleep."

Elora had her hands over her mouth, it physically paining her not to laugh.

Stiles stopped his rifling, pulling a packet out of Danny's things.

El perked, "Stiles?"

"Oh, Danny boy, you might've actually found something here."

"Stiles, let's go," Elora urged, night threatening to fall.

Stiles took a last glance to Danny, quickly getting up and taking the paper with him. Leaving the hospital room, he handed it to Elora. "Look."

"Telluric currents?" She furrowed Stiles, her eyebrows raising as they turned a corner. "Like what runs under Beacon? Why was he doing a project on this? It's pseudoscience - way above high school." She handed back the paper, her phone going off. "Call Scott, but I have to go."

"Go where?" Stiles and Elora got outside, the girl starting to part to get to her car.

"Witch business. I'll be quick, just go," she said, starting the engine of her car as Stiles brought his phone to his ear.