34.

x x x

      Elora, leaned on her breakfast counter with a flat expression, stared out the unopened kitchen window. She absently wound a finger in the air, her coffee creamer mixing into the Colombian roast in a Star Trek mug.

       She'd been up for hours, ever since she'd jolted out of Stiles' dream.

       Stiles' nightmare.

      Elora, without take a sip, rose from her reclined spot and left the kitchen. She ran a hand through her hair, still in joggers and a loose top as she made her way upstairs.

      Elora's phone dinged as she went to her bedroom, focused on Isaac's message as she went through the door.

      A chill brushed her arms, causing Elora to look up.

       El's lips parted, her phone clattering to the floor of the Beacon Memorial Morgue. She backed up, hitting the heavy double doors with iced over windows.

       The morgue was is disarray, the lights flickering and whirring, the lab tables clustered and catching the dripping water from the ceiling.

       Elora's breath blew out cold, hesitantly reaching down to pick up her phone. She stopped only inches above it, a metallic creak echoing. Slowly standing up, she was met with a newly opened mortuary cooler.

       She cautiously approached the metal refrigerator for bodies, seeing an identification tag clipped to the partially open door.

       Kate Argent

       Flashes of memories that didn't belong to her hit Elora.

       Kate's arrival in Beacon Hills the past winter, Allison's love for her aunt. Kate holding a gun to a younger Scott's head, the tearing of Allison's allegiance. Peter ripping out Kate's throat, Allison's secret relief.

       Elora reached out, slowly pulling the door open enough to lean in for a look.

       The small metal space carried on until you couldn't see it anymore: lengths and lengths longer than its natural capacity.

       Elora narrowed her eyes, traces of white lingering in the space as the flickering lights casted strange shadows.

       Strangled screams came from within, a vibrant figure of Kate Argent crawling her way out of Hell.

       Elora slammed the door as Kate reached out for her, running out of the room and slamming through the iced over double doors. She swung around, nearly falling down a flight of stairs as she bursted from her bedroom.

       Panting with uneven breaths, Elora still felt the fear coursing through her veins as she processed what had just happened.

       Elora swore, turning back to her room. She hesitantly reached out before yanking open the door.

       However, it was only her room.

       El walked into her room, crouching to pick up the phone that started to ring the moment she touched it.

Allison calling....

x x x

       Elora stood within the woods, holding up a target to a large oak tree and sealing it down by simply tapping the corners with her pointer finger.

       Lydia had called Elora about Allison's shaking hands during art, knowing they had never wavered before.

      Turning over her shoulder, Allison waited with her bow and arrows, less enthusiastic than the strawberry blonde next to her.