14.

xx

        Elora ran a hand through her hair, leaned in the window seat in her bedroom. Condensation had collected up from the storm being pushed away by the warm front. She dragged her fingers along the pane of glass, creating swirls.

        She blew a breath of cold air at the glass, snow coming from her mouth and making crackling sounds. Angered, her jaw clenched and the window shattered. She boredly skimmed her hand along the air, a clean sheet of glass surfacing.

        Elora couldn't take it.

        She'd broken the window five times already and it was only 10 in the morning.

        She swore loudly, the window shattering again without a single touch. She was fuming.

        The apartment fell into a dead silence.

        Elora absently produced a new window, staring out it like nothing had happened.

        A knock struck her door twice, echoing through the home.

        Elora hesitated before getting up from her window seat. She crossed the room barefoot, her fingers skimming the wall void of pictures. Her Black Keys baseball tee hugged her curves, the sleeves pushed up to her elbows. Brushing hair from her forehead, she reached the front door.

         Isaac stood outside, giving her a smile as the door opened on him. "Hey."

        Elora immediately hugged him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're okay."

        Slightly alarmed, he took a minute to reciprocate the action. "I know you hate running, but it's not a dangerous sport, cross country."

        Elora shoved him a little as she let go. "That's not what I meant and you know it, Lahey. You were almost ritually sacrificed."

        "That too." Isaac nonchalantly said, grinning as he came into her apartment.

        Elora lightly laughed, ruffling her hair and tossing it to the side. "So, other than the near werewolf sacrifice, how was the bus ride to nowhere and back?" She sat on the sofa, one leg folded underneath her.

       "Well, I almost killed Ethan at one point. No one questioned how he healed from a broken nose, but the people in this town are oblivious." He sat down next to her, angling towards her as he rubbed the back of his neck. "And they say basic education isn't corrupt in America."

       "That's what you elaborate on? Really, Isaac?" El chuckled with a light judgement in it. "You've got an interesting thought process."

        "It was just," he didn't want to mention Derek to her. "I got upset, and I went off."

        "How come he's not dead?" She asked, her elbow on the back of the couch as she barely kept her chin in her palm. "I've seen wolf rage and it's not something easily stopped."

        "Uh, actually, that's on Scott." Isaac wasn't so sure about it either. "It was weird. Everyone was yelling, trying to get me to stop, but nothing got to me. Then Scott showed up after I found out he wasn't healing and he yelled my name. The rage was just gone." He looked over her eyes, very briefly looking down to her lips before returning back up. "What? You look like you know what it is."

        "It's your allegiance." Elora didn't mean to, but she'd done the same as him. Her eyes found blue again, "It's shifting."

        Isaac furrowed his eyebrows, "What does that mean?"