38.

x x

"That's incredibly unsettling."

"We need to move her before 5th period breaks for lunch," Scott told Stiles, Elora seeming to drift in and out as blood trickled from the back of her head.

"El, can you move?" Stiles asked softly, her eyes half closed.

Scott motioned to the paper towel dispenser, "Get me some for her head, would you?" He lifted Elora up from the ground, sweeping her legs so he held her bridal style. "Hang in there, El."

Stiles opened the bathroom door, allowing the two of them out before following. He held the paper towels against the back of Elora's head as they walked down the empty hall. He glanced down each new hall, checking for any wanderers.

"What happened to her?" Isaac asked as he came down the hall to meet them halfway.

"We honestly have no idea," said Scott as the three continued to the back entrance to the parking lot. "But will you watch her?"

"Of course," Isaac quickly replied as he took Elora from the true alpha. "Where are her keys? I saw her car." Although not needing a house key, he couldn't drive her car without them.

Stiles pulled the keys dangling from her joggers, "I'll help you get her in."

The bell ran violently overhead, calling in lunch.

"Let's go," Scott said as doors began to open. He tried to cover Elora, stopping short as Stiles and Isaac opened the way out. He looked over his shoulder, his eyebrows narrowing.

"Scott?" questioned Stiles as he lingered in the doorway, "What's wrong?"

"Get Elora out of here, okay?" Scott said as he started to back up.

"Scott, what's going on?"

"It's Malia, she's here."

x x

The small Danielson quarters remained quiet, the coffee pot brewing on the bottom floor while the soft California wind blew in the open bedroom window and rustled the curtains.

There was a soft knock on the white frame of the open door, Isaac peering into Elora's room. "How're you feeling?"

Elora opened her eyes, bundled in the fluffy white duvet with glamorously messy hair. "No," she mumbled against her pillow.

"No is not a feeling, El." Isaac walked up to her side of the bed and set down a fresh mug of coffee. "How are you actually feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a truck," she whined as she ran a hand along her face.

Isaac kissed her forehead, sitting on the edge of her bed. "Do you remember what happened?"

"Only that I never want to speak Japanese again."

"What about you being thrown into a wall after somehow looking into Stiles' mind," Isaac countered.

"Ah," she softly said, "yeah, that."

"Yeah, the thing that caused you to ruin two pillows."

Elora lightly rolled her eyes, "I'm a witch, I can get blood out of anything."

"Including people."

She scoffed, trying not to laugh, "Says the one with fangs."