41.

x x

       The morning bristled around Scott, the whir of his bike's engine ceasing as he grabbed a parking spot in front of the high school.

       Tugging his helmet off of his head, Scott hesitated as he spotted familiar motorcycles in the corner of his eye. He climbed off his dirt bike, finding Ethan and Aiden waiting for him. Setting the helmet on his seat, he met them in the middle. "You're back in school?"

       "No," Ethan replied, "just to talk."

       Happening across the conversation, Stiles made a surprised noise, "That's kind of a change of pace for you guys. Seeing as how usually, you're just hurting, maiming and killing."

       "You need a pack," retorted Aiden. "We need an alpha."

       "Yeah," Stiles drew out, "absolutely not. That's hilarious, though."

       Ethan attempted to stress the situation, "You came to us for help. We helped."

       "You beat his face into a bloody pulp," Stiles countered as he absently held the straps of his backpack. "That's not helping. In my opinion, that's actually counterproductive."

       "Why would I say yes?" Scott asked the twins, wondering if they could really redeem themselves.

       "We'd add strength," said Aiden matter-of-factly. "We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no."

       Stiles eccentrically rolled his eyes, in disbelief that they would actually think that.

       Isaac approached from behind, El's keys around his finger. "I can think of one," he said as he stopped next to Scott. "Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd." He glanced to Stiles and Scott with his arms crossed. "In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now."

       Stiles nodded, agreeing with Isaac for once in his life.

       Aiden snarled, baring his teeth as his eyes sparked blue. "You wanna try?"

       When Isaac made a step forward without an ounce of fear, Scott grabbed his wrist and held him back.

       Scott finally shook his head, "Sorry, but they don't trust you. And neither do I."

       The trio walked between the twins towards the school, Isaac trailing smugly.

       "What now?" Ethan questioned, the two turning out of the way.

       Aiden's eyes fell on the toilet paper covered school sign, an idea brimming.

       Looking to his brother, Ethan knew exactly what he was thinking. "No. No way," he said with a laugh, shaking his head.

       "We never finished."

       "And we don't have to," Ethan retorted.

       Aiden halfly grinned, "What if I want to?"

       Ethan stared at the building, bewildered. "You...you seriously want to go back to high school?" He turned his eyes to his twin, "Is this about Lydia?"

       "This," countered Aiden, "is about getting Scott to change his mind. We're not just betas anymore. We're omegas. The bitches, remember?"

       Ethan, however, liked to not think about it.

       "When everyone we've screwed over finds out we don't have a pack anymore, what do you think's going to happen?" Aiden asked. "We're dead on our own."