46.

x x

"Fenris," Elora echoed, flashing past a pair of orderlies bordering the hall Malia Tate had been staying in since her arrival in Eichen House. "Do not touch her."

The seasoned supernatural doctor turned his head, standing outside of Malia's room. "Ah, Ms. Danielson. I was wondering when you would arrive."

"Moving one of my patients without tell me?" questioned Elora as she approached. "You're damn right I'm going to show up. What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"My job," Fenris countered. "I'm sorry Ms. Danielson but their have been supernatural claims against Ms. Tate."

"Claims, quite possibly but if feral behavior has been claimed then it is most likely from her time spent living in the woods and not anything beyond subpar human behavior." Elora came to a dead stop in front of Dr. Fenris, irritation bubbling inside of her. She wasn't even thinking about the mess with Charlie or the attack on Isaac, or even that of Kira blacking out the entire town.

Conrad Fenris held eye contact with Elora, the orderlies standing by utterly confused from the sensible tension.

"I will not let you take her," Elora said with a flat expression.

Fenris weighed his options, well aware of Elora's family ties. He knew he wouldn't win. "Leave us, gentlemen."

Elora and Fenris stood in silence, waiting until the burly taser-wielding orderlies exited the hall.

"You really won't, will you?" Fenris asked with an arched brow.

"No, and I hope you'll accept that without a threat involved, Fenris." El kept her eyes on the doctor who once had his career destroyed before finding Eichen in the spring. "You yourself said there are good ones. Malia is one of the good ones. She's had a rough time, but I truly believe she's one of the best. She just needs time to adapt."

Fenris thought heavily as he glanced back to the shut door of Malia's room.

"If she's gone this long without you having a clue, clearly she's well adjusted. Adjusted enough to not have to be stuck on a floor that barely gets any daylight." Elora put a hand on Malia's door when it seemed as if Fenris would lunge. "I will take personal responsibility for her while she's here. Please do not put her on that floor."

"Full responsibility," Fenris repeated, as if he needed confirmation.

Elora put out a hand, planning on staying in front of him until she had an agreement. "You will not move her or change her schedule without notifying me. If she gets violent, I will take care of it."

Fenris shook Elora's hand, giving a soft nod. "Fine. She's your responsibility." He hesitated, able to read her expression. "And anything that goes on with her, you'll be consulted and informed first."

"Thank you, sir," El replied, letting go of his hand. "I appreciate this, I really do."

"I'm trusting you on this one, Danielson," Conrad replied, backing away from Elora and turning back the way he came.

Elora knocked on the door of 417, opening it after a moment.

But Malia had hugged Elora before she could say anything.

Elora stumbled backward as Malia wrapped her arms around the witch, soon hugging her back with a mild laugh.

Malia's yes were shut as she was pressed against El. "Thank you."