23.

xx

        "You ready?"

        Elora's face popped up on the phone mounted in the Argent's car, a face time running through Allison's cell.

        Isaac lightly sighed, still a little upset he'd gotten separated from her again. "Yeah."

        "Are you nervous at all?" El asked as she kneeled in the corridor at the target location.

        "Do I looked nervous?" he asked in reply.

        Elora barely hesitated, "Absolutely not."

        "Hey, El?"

        Elora smiled at the tone of his words, able to tell what he would say. "I know. Just, tell me when you see me again, okay? I'll make it back to you." She set the phone against the wall, giving Isaac a clear view of the hallway.

       "Did he look nervous?" Allison asked off screen.

        "Terrified."

         "Yeah, I can still hear you, very very clearly."

         Elora leaned into the shot. "It'll be fine, just go when you see them, alright?"

        "Yeah," Isaac said with a slight nervous tick in his voice. "Yeah, I got it."

        Elora stood next to Allison, adjusting Jennifer's clothes that she'd put on. "Ready?" she asked the teen with care in her voice. "I'll mirror you without in the hospital, okay? Your dad's outside, your crossbow is there waiting. You can do this."

        Allison breathing, nodding. "Let's do it."

        "Go, now." Elora let her have the head start, waiting until Allison was down the hall. Darting into the stairwell with enchanted shoes, she soundlessly made her way to the roof to help Melissa.

        Above her, the power surged through the building as she broke through onto the roof. "Melissa, it's working!"

        Nurse McCall was relieved as she let go of the generator. "Thank, God."

        "I wouldn't say it's working as well as you'd like." Jennifer appeared from behind the electrical booth, in clothes other than her own that made her seem younger. Before Melissa could react, a dust was blown in her face that rendered her unconscious.

        "Always an alterior motive with you, Julia." Elora's fist clenched at her side, alone on the rood with the darach.

        Jennifer laughed, "So you finally figured it out. Have you gotten it all, though?"

        "Guardians as in parents, not law enforcement," El replied with anger flushing through her. "But you're not going to take Melissa. No more, Julia. You have to stop this."

        "You can't tell me what to do," Jennifer spat. "You're a child."

        "I'm not, but you seem to be acting like one. You're being selfish and self obsessed."

        "Selfish?" her temper rose. "I'm doing this for everyone who's ever been overlooked! This is for the greater good."

        "You're not God, you can't decide that." Elora watched Jennifer with a dark expression, her palm bursting into fire.

        Jennifer narrowed her eyes, smirking. "You wanna play, little girl?" The aura around her burned black, pure evil that had been hidden to Elora until she knew who Jennifer really was.

        "No, I want to fight." Elora swiveled, both hands shooting the pummels of flaming orange fire at Jennifer.

         Although surprised but the witch's confidence, she sharply waved her hands and dimished the flames. "You can do better than that."