27.

xx

       Elora winced as she drove, feeling a pain in her chest like she had just before Boyd was killed. It slid away and came again, telling her that more than one would die.

        Swearing to herself, she pulled off to the side of the road. Stiles was the only one she couldn't get ahold of and it was making her nervous. Parking the car, she opened the glove box and pulled free her emergency kit stocked with parchment, a pen and small amounts of herbs.

        Elora wrote out Stiles' phone number on a piece of paper and set it on fire with her fingertips. "Shit," she muttered, shoving the kit back into the glove box before taking another route through Beacon Hills.

        A scream echoed, it undoubtedly the wail of Lydia Martin.

        Elora gripped her steering wheel tighter, driving onto a path through the forest. "Come on, Stilinski. Where are you?"

       A storm raged, controlled by none other than Jennifer. She was getting exactly what she wanted.

        Elora squinted, bewitching her line of vision to power through the fog. "No, no-" She barely had time to park before jumping out, Stiles' Jeep slammed into a tree with smoke billowing from the hood. "Stiles!" she shouted as she came up to the window where his head rested.

        With blood at his hairline, Stiles remained unresponsive.

        Elora forced the door opened without touching it, catching Stiles. "Hey, hey come on." She adjusted him to sit back with his head supported, "Stiles, we can't do this without you." Putting a thumb on each of his temples, she focused enough to bring a faint white glow to her eyes that faded just as quickly as it came.

        Stiles lightly mumbled, his head wound closing and the future concussion vanishing. Slowly, his eyes opened to a relieved Elora.

        "Some people get matching shirts, we got matching head injuries." Elora motioned for him, helping him out of the Jeep. "Do you know what happened?"

        "Yeah, uh," Stiles gained his balance on the ground, "it's the storm. I didn't look for two seconds and Roscoe made friends with the tree."

        "It's going to happen again if you try to drive in it, so you'll have to walk." Elora reached up, pulling a peiece of parchment from thin air. "Ever seen Prisoner of Azkaban?" She held open the page with moving ink, "Find Allison and Isaac, okay?"

        "Is this a Marauder's Map?" Stiles asked with wide eyes, the map of the Preserve showing Allison and Isaac leave the Lookout Point. "Shit, this is amazing."

        "Focus, Stiles. They're going to the Nematon, so follow them. You'll find it."

       Stiles went around to his trunk, pulling a bat free as he held the map in the other hand. "What about you?"

        Elora didn't comment about the baseball bat. "I have a score to settle. There's a distillery not far from here, I have no doubt that's where the big fight's going down."

        "Do you really think we can do this?" Stiles asked loudly over the wind. "Can we save everyone?"

        "I believe in it, I believe in us, and I'll kill Jennifer myself if I have to. I won't let any of you lose your parents." Elora motioned to the smoking Wrangler, "I'll fix your Jeep once this is over, but we have to go now, okay? Find them."

        Stiles nodded before running off, Elora going in another direction for the distillery.

        Through the fog, the building was like a steel giant, rising out of the earth.