32.

xx

Elora downed the small portion of coffee she had before throwing it into the garbage bag the passing air hostess had as she flew high above the ground.

With the plane's landing in San Diego already announced, only a few more minutes were left in the travel time.

Tapping her fingers to the beat of the song playing through her headphones, Elora closed her eyes.

But a harsh scream overpowered the music, causing Elora to lurch up and yank her headphones out.

The brunette looked around with an alarmed expression, her heart picked up as she found the plane not only landed, but almost completely cleared out. Swearing under her breath, she made her way off the plane with her backpack and small suitcase.

The airport bustled with a flow of traffic, whether it be those from Elora's flight from Paris or the hundreds of other flights coming and going.

Elora, dressed in a flowy maroon dress and her army green jacket with black, low heeled ankle boots, made her way out of the airport to the pick up and drop off littered with taxis and hotel vans.

The sun had gone down as Elora stayed in a plane for nearly 12 hours, it well below the California horizon.

Elora grabbed a taxi, putting her suitcase next to her in the backseat instead of sticking it in the back.

"Where to?" the San Diego based driver asked as Elora shut herself into his cab.

"Beacon Hills," the witch requested as she felt swarmed by America once again.

The cabbie looked over his shoulder, meeting Elora's eyes. He lifted an eyebrow, "You sure about that, sweetheart?"

Elora hesitated, actually having to take his comment in. "Yeah, I'm sure."

Giving her a questionable look before agreeing, he turned and moved out of the car line up. "Alright, but that place is full of crazy."

"You have no idea."

xx

Allison yawned, stretching her arms as she sat up in her bed. Absently running a hand through her messy bed hair, she peeled away her sheets and climbed out.

As she dressed in a half sleep, Allison smelled an underlying scent of coffee. Excited about the French roast, she quickly pulled on a denim jacket over her black top that faired well with her red skirt and finished her makeup. She did a half up half down with her hair and grabbed her school bag on the way out of her room.

"Hey, Dad-" Allison stopped halfway into the apartment kitchen, finding her father and another at the breakfast counter.

Elora smiled from next to Chris, drop dead gorgeous as per usual. She lifted her mug, "Coffee?"

Allison practically squealed, dropping her bag and hugging the twenty year old happily. "What are you doing here?"

"I got in from Paris last night and I was missing you guys," she replied. Elora gave Allison an extra squeeze before letting her go. "Speaking of," she held out a hand with a box surfacing in it from thin air. "These are for you and this," she zapped a wooden case onto the counter in front of Chris, "needed a cloaking spell to get through customs."

"The great witch Elora comes bearing gifts," Chris taunted jokingly said as he set his mug on the counter.

Allison pulled the red bow off a white box, grinning as she knew what it was. Lifting the lid, an array of beautifully designed chocolates within. "Are these from Jean Luc's?"