56.

x x

      A weightless oblivion was the sensation given when under the influence of a spiritual tracking spell.

       Elora, running almost blindly through the Preserve, was flooded with the weightlessness - little control over her own body.

       She knew little of where she was, but in the same way, knew exactly where she was.

      The clarity came like a car crash at 70 miles per hour, Elora stumbling as she reached the doors of the abandoned warehouse at the edge of town, thrown onto her knees as laws of nature worked against her.

       Elora's breath came quick and heavy, eyes a worried and soft green as she caught herself on the concrete.

      "How incredibly dramatic."

      Allison's looming figure had been waiting for the witch to find her - longing to see her again.

      To break her once more.

      "That's rich," Elora grudgingly said, forcing herself off the ground. "Then entire point behind nogitsunes is about being dramatic."

       "Dramatically chaotic," Allison corrected, hands pocketed in the jeans she'd put on in a rush after spelling Charlie. "Do you know who I am? Can you still hear my name in the back of your head?" Heeled boots echoed on the barren floors of the warehouse, Allison slowly approaching.

      "You're from 2005," El said, brushing her hands on her jeans.

       A low laugh came from Allison as she began to circle Elora, running a hand along the witch's arm.

      Elora's eyes glazed for no more than a second, but the name was there.

     "Fuzen."

     The nogitsune grinned, "There it is. There's that girl I remember." She lightly toyed with Elora's hair, "I never got to play with you much. Yakunan loved you too much for me to kill you."

      El pushed Allison away, backing deeper into the warehouse as the nogitsune followed. "That's his name? The one in Stiles?"

      An amused smile crossed Allison's face. "We rarely acknowledge gender, yet you can tell. Even if we weren't in bodies that reflected our true gender you could likely tell. You were the first to notice something wrong with Peyton."

     "Who...who's Peyton?"

      "Remembering might hurt worse than knowing, sweetheart," Allison leered. "There's a reason your parents made you forget, why they made nearly everyone forget."

      El softly shook her head, "They took an entire summer because of you?"

     "Trust me, they took more than a summer."

      "You're all talk, you have to be," expressed El. "You would've done something by-"

      Allison jolted up to Elora, taking the witch's head in her hands, noses nearly touching. "Your parents thought they were protecting you, but they only gave me a better opportunity to hurt you more. So do me a favor, Elora," sneered Allison as she pushed the brunette to the ground violently. "Remember."

      The warehouse doors slammed shut as Elora collapsed, and just as the world she used to know flooded back in, she began to weep.

Summer warmth swelled within the Hale House, expansive halls and rooms victim to July's rage.

"Elora!" Dean called over his shoulder from the bottom floor of the near mansion, palms raised as he slowly walked through the living room. "Charm your room or it'll stay a sauna!"