45.

x x

Coach Finstock trolled the halls of Beacon Hills High with a megaphone he'd stolen from the cheer coach's office, using its unnecessarily loud power liberally. "Class starts in five minutes," he projected. "Just because there's no power don't expect there to be no school."

Stiles winced slightly, Coach delivering the end of his speech into his ear. "That was a triple negative," he called. "Very impressive, Coach."

"Copy that," Coach replied through the megaphone as he walked by.

Briefly rolling his yes, Stiles pulled his chemistry textbook from his locker only to knock down a set of keys. He mumbled to himself, crouching down to pick them up. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked over the keys. "Hello. Where did you come from?"

The west wing door opened up to reveal Scott, catching Stiles' attention.

But Scott had stopped rather dead in the hallway, Kira Yukimura turning away and heading the opposite direction from him.

Stiles reacted quickly, catching Scott as he tried to bolt after her. "No, no stop. Stop."

"What?" question Scott impatiently. "I need to talk to her."

"No," Stiles countered, "you need to remember that someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her."

Scott slightly shook his head, watching Kira at her locker. "Which is why I need to talk to her."

"Scott, no way. Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's going to start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction." He waved a hand ridiculously, trying to get his point across.

Scott gazed after Kira as she parted, wanting to go talk to her. "What if she's like me?"

"That girl walked through 1.21 gigawatts of electricity," Stiles point out. "She's not like you." He shut his locker, hesitating as Scott walked off. Glancing down too the unknown key, he ran his thumb over the speckled metal, curious of its origin.

But it would make sense soon.

Unless, of course, one of them lost their mind in the process.

x x

Elora sat reclined in her office, filing through a mass of papers, all of which were from the Beastiary. Classical music emitted softly from the speakers in her walls, her door cracked open.

Eichen House was dull on a Friday morning, everyone who was allowed was outside for their rec time.

Not only had she had an enlightening conversation with Chris, but she'd requested Isaac not to say anything to Scott or the rest of the gang about what he'd seen.

It had been questionable, but she'd done it on Chris' behalf.

Elora ran a hand along her jaw as she diminished her chances on finding out about the flies that had come out of Barrow, or better yet the plaguing sound that had tormented Lydia.

"Anything?"

"I wish," Elora flatly replied, recognizing the voice of her brother. "Still nothing."

Charlie carried in a bag of fast food and a drink tray, having bypassed the guards and apparated into Elora's office. He had a fry hanging out of his mouth as he let the food float onto her desk. "Hopefully brain food can change that."

"More like comfort food," Elora countered as she didn't hesitate to open the folded over bag.

"I don't see you complaining," said Charlie as he plopped down in the leather chair on the other side of Elora's desk. "So what do you think about what Chris said?"