09.

xx

Elora sat back in her seat, her hearing focused as she turned down her radio.

There had already been two incidents, both of which she said to Isaac, and now she was trying to make sure nothing else would happen in lunch time detention.

"Are you okay?" The feminine voice of Allison Argent asked, she in a custodial closet with Isaac.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just not a big fan of small spaces."

Allison hesitated, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Do you have to?"

"I guess not." She went on a moment later, "I'm gonna ask anyway. Who was that girl with you the other night at the school?"

Elora lifted an eyebrow, tapping a finger on the steering wheel with thought.

"You were there?"

Allison panicked, "You're not going to tell anyone, are you? It would make me really happy if you didn't."

"Yeah, well you being happy isn't really a big priority of mine, since you stabbed me twenty times, with knives."

"They were actually Chinese ring daggers, but...sorry-"

"Was that an apology?"

"Would you accept an apology?"

When a door slamming made everything quiet, Elora sat up and absently reached for the door handle.

"No, no, no-"

"Maybe it locked from the outside."

"Shit," Elora muttered, quickly getting out of her car and jogging up to the school. She heard Isaac screaming as she manuvered the hallway.

Scott came down the opposite hall, seeing Elora already on her way. The moment she sweeped the vending machine away from the door with her magic, Scott dove into the room.

Isaac was thrown out of the janitor's closet, his eyes ablaze and growling.

Elora kneeled down next to him, holding him in place before Scott jumped out of the room and pinned Isaac down.

"ISAAC!"

Elora got up, going to Allison as she came out holding her arm. "Are you okay?"

Isaac let his shift go, scooting back against the wall.

Allison looked a little confused by Elora's presence but shook it off. "I'm fine."

Scott took her arm, revealing claw marks along the skin.

"I'm okay, I'm fine." She assured.

"I'm sorry. I, I didn't mean to do that." Isaac stammered out, apology in his voice.

"I'm okay." Allison repeated, hearing him apologize again as Elora crouched down next to him. "It's not his fault."

"I know." Scott replied, "I guess now we know they want to do more than get you angry."

"They want to get someone hurt." Elora said, a comforting hand on Isaac's shoulder sending waves to calm him down.

"So are we gonna do something?" Isaac finally asked once Elora stood up.

"Yeah." Scott agreed, "I'm gonna get them angry, really angry."