Chapter 61: When the fire consumes us.

Katherine's POV:

I couldn't believe it, after all she had done, after all she had put me through she had made me out to be the crazy one, the manipulative one, the one in the wrong. She had called me dangerous. I couldn't help the surge of emotions that I felt; anger, sadness, confusion but most of all worry. I was worried about what would happen if she found me? She'd take me a way from my boys and I'd never be able to see them again. She'd take me away from Santa Carla and away from my happiness. After helping me to my feet, Marko had taken me back to the bedroom and laid down with me on the bed. I rested my head on his chest as he gently played with my hair and I tried my best to try and listen to the non existent heartbeat that was there.

"Everything is going to be fine Sweetheart.....We won't let her take you away, we won't let anyone take you away." Those words fall from Marko's mouth like a sweet trickle of honey, his voice almost soothing my mind. But even though his words are like sugared candy I can't help but still feel that overwhelming sense of dread and hopelessness.

"But what if she does? She's taken everything from me......what if.....what if she takes you too?" I murmur. I murmur those words as quietly as I can almost as if I'm afraid that if too loud they may possibly come true, as if Kirsty was going to pop out of thin air and drag me away from the loves of my life. Marko snorts gently before shake his head. "I'm sorry,  I shouldn't laugh at this.... I'm just.... I'm just angry is all sweetheart. How dare she." His voice is as gentle and soft as a feather but also as sharp as a sword and holds more venom than a deadly snake. His words are like fire in my ears burning the inside of my brain, igniting my own anger. In a strange weird way I feel so connected to him right now, as if we're sharing anger, our flames burning brighter together.

"Woah there sweetheart.....I can feel you....." Marko's voice brings me back to reality and I stare up at him, a confused expression etched on my features. He looks down at me and I see a look of contemplation on his face before he quickly gets up and extends his hand. "Come on, let's go." He says, reaching for my hand.
"Wait what? Where are we going?" Even though I'm curious and the que so leave my mouth I take his hand anyway and stand up with him. "You'll see sweetheart.... you'll see...."

I step off of Marko's bike and he grabs my hand quickly before rushing in to the forest. "Marko where are we g-"
"Just shhhh okay, we're almost there." He says, cutting across from me before he steps over a fallen down tree, grabbing my waist and hauling me over the tree to him. We walk for a couple more minutes in complete silence before we get to a chain link fence with a sign that read
"Trespassers will be shot"
"Marko, im not sure about thi-"
"Hey you're safe and with me you'll be okay....now get on my back..." he says before swinging my arms so that I can jump up on to his back and he begins to climb the fence.

Once we're on the other side of the fence I realise that we're in a scrap yard. "Why are we here?" I ask genuinely confused as to what we were doing in a place like this. "You'll see sweetheart, you'll see...." He says in a voice that holds many secrets, his eyes were happy with a mischievous glint in them as he lead me to the middle of the scrapyard where there were broken plates and glass bottles along with numerous battered up cars. The ground had a thin layer of broken glass and the smell of gasoline and ashes were filling my nostrils. The place looked like an atomic bomb had struck.
"Okay....now wh-" I'm cut off with a loud bang and the crash of glass, I turn to see Marko standing there with a bat in his hands and a car window smashed to smithereens. He smashes another window with the bat before hitting the cars bonnet, almost sending the bat crashing through the metal of the car itself. He continues to smash up the car before stopping and turning to me.
"This sweetheart is my own personal little blow off steam play ground thingy ma bob." He says before handing me the bat. "Your turn darling." He grins and I take the bat, extremely unsure about the whole thing.
I raise the bat and hit the car. I hear Marko tut behind me.
"Come on sweetheart, you can do better than that." He says in an encouraging but slightly condescending tone. I hit the car again a little harder than last time.
"Sweetheart are you even trying?" His tone is even more condescending than usual and I hit the car harder.
"Are you even angry?" He raises his voice a little and I hit agin with more force.
"Come on, I can't feel you." His voice is louder, I hit harder.
"Harder." Louder, I hit harder
"Harder!" Even louder, I swing the bat above my head and send it crashing down on to the car bonnet.
"Make me feel you!" He's practically shouting at this point and I'm hitting the car harder, as hard as I can.
"I want to feel you!" He shouts and suddenly I'm lost in my own world, closing my eyes and swinging the bat as hard as I can, hitting the car and then smashing a bottle on the ground.
"Come on sweetheart!! Shout!! What are you angry about?!" I hear Marko's voice enveloping me, inviting me in to its sting. I can feel him all around me his voice is like it's coming from my head.
"I hate her!" I shout hitting a window.
"I fucking despise her!" Another window.
"I WANT HER DEAD!" Yet another window is smashed.
"I LOVE YOU!" A plate.
"I LOVE ALL OF YOU!" A bottle.
"I- I WANT TO SOEND ETERNITY WITH YOU ALL!" Another swing at a car.

I go to swig the bat again before I feel something stop me and before I know it I'm being pushed agains a pile of cars, a lukewarm hard body pressed against me, I open my eyes and see Marko, his eyes are dark but soft and his face is hard to read.
"Better?" He asks but before I have time to answer I feel his lips press against mine harshly, I can feel the fire in him, the fire from before only it's not anger it's passion and love. His love for me.
Only me.
Forever.

((So hey.... I think I most definitely owe you guys an explanation only that is that I don't have an explanation I'm going to be honest that I forgot about this fic completely but since quite a lot of people have been voting and commenting lately I got lots of notifications and honestly it's gotten me more motivated..... so, maybe I'm back?? Or maybe this was just a spur of the moment burst of creativity? Who knows and only time will tell. So, are you glad I'm back? Did you miss me?? And most importantly, what did you think of this chapter???))