Chapter 48: The talk

David's pov:

Her hands were small. I hadn't actually realised how small her hands were until I looked down at my hand which was pretty much engulfing hers. In fact she was just small, compared to me and my brothers, she stood at around 5'5, only getting the extra two inches from how puffy and curly her raven hair was now that she'd been air drying it instead of using a hair dryer. I looked down at her in awe of how beautiful she was, she truly is the most gorgeous girl in the world. "David please, you don't need to buy me anything....." She mumbles softly for what was probably the billionth time. "Princess, it's not every year a girl turns 18......plus this is going to be your last birthday as a human......" I smile slightly at the thought before she stops walking. "What do you mean? Her features were graced with confusion as she looked up at me. "What? After I mark you, we're turning you." I say simply as I gently pull her along.

"Do I get any say in this? At all? Because you know this is MY life that will be majorly affected by this." She frowns softly as she continues to walk by my side. I couldn't help but drop my smile as she said this. Did this mean she didn't want to be one of us? "Well yes of course you do but you're making it sound like you don't want to at all." I say quietly as I look down at her, seeing that her eyes were cast at the floor and there was a look of.....of guilt? Spread across her face. Then it dawned on me. "You don't do you?" My voice came out in barely a whisper as her eyes to sink even lower. "But why? Don't you want to be with us?"
"Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?"
"Well why then? Why not? I don't see what the prob-"
"I don't want to hurt people!" She suddenly bursts out, letting go of my hand. "I-I just don't think I could kill someone....." She whispers softly, her voice wavering ever so slightly. "They're just people Princess, there's billions in the world."
"Yeah, they're people with lives, with families who love them!" She says almost with a tone of anger. "I don't want someone to feel how I felt after my mum and dad d-died..... I would never wish that upon someone......I'm just not a killer David, I-I'm not." She whispers the last few words and I feel my face soften before I enfold her in my arms when she starts to cry. "Please don't cry Princess, don't cry...." I whisper in to her hair as my hand gently rubs her back. "I-I c-can't.....I c-"
"Shhhh......I know.....you.....you don't have to if you don't want to......" As much as it pained me to say those words I did. I wanted her to be with us forever, I wanted her to be mine and my brothers's forever, ours and ours only. She looks up at me and it tears my heart apart to see that her eyes were already red, puffy and her cheeks tear stained. "I-I want to David, I really do but I can't kill anyone." She murmurs softly as a stray tear rolls down her cheek.

(Hey guys! What'd you think of this chapter? Let me know!)