Chapter 18: Smug

Marko's pov:

      We had been waiting for David and Katherine by the bikes for over fifteen minutes before I saw them walking towards me, David had a smug look on his face and looked as if he were the cat who had the cream. Katherine on the other hand looked nervous and seemed a little light headed, my eyes flicked down to the three or four extremely noticeable bruises on her neck. Well, now we knew why David looked so damn smug. "Let's go." David says before getting on to his bike, looking expectantly at Katherine who shakes her head. "No chance I'm riding with you again...." She says before getting on the back of my bike, causing me to grin stupidly at David who rolled his eyes.

        I smiled as I felt her arms wrap around my waist and her head rest on my back. "Ready?" I ask softly and I feel her head nod against my back "Okay." I say before kicking off, going way more slower than usual. We end up reaching the cave in about twenty minutes, usually it would have been around about ten but due to how slow I was driving it was twenty. I get off of the bike and turn around to help Katherine off only to find Dwayne standing there with Katherine in his arms as he carried her bridal style.

       I sighed softly before walking in to the cave, I know that Katherine wasn't an object but Dwayne has been hogging her, he had had her ever since she woke up and after that for six hours before Paul had her for two and then the Ferris wheel. I wanted my turn to come around again.

Dwayne's Pov:

     I smiled slightly as she was as light as a feather as I carried her down the steps and in to the cave. "Dwayne.....you can put me down now...." She says with a nervous laugh before I shake my head "No chance....if I put you down someone might steal you off of me." I say, looking down at her, surprised to see she was looking up at me with a more than guilty expression.

      "What's wrong? Are you okay?" I ask softly as I carried her towards her room. "I....ummmm....I-I kissed David....." She says, her head hung low as I set her down on the bed. "I can tell." I say, moving her hair away from her neck to reveal a few dark bruises on her skin. "I'm sorry....." She whispers softly and I sit down next to her. "For what?" I ask and then she looks up at me, confusion marking her features. "For kissing David not only fifteen minutes after I kissed you..." She whispers and I chuckle.

     "Stop...... my love, if you haven't noticed me and my brothers aren't like your average family.....we live in a cave if you haven't noticed." I say causing her to laugh ever so slightly. "We share things....people....we're very close like that." I say and she blushes softly. I couldn't help but grin and chuckle at her look of confusion. "Jesus, you're a bit slow tonight, must be all of the joints you had before......we've all had the same partner at the same time before." I say and her eyes widen slightly. "Really? What happened?" She asks and I sigh softly. "She betrayed us for this Michael guy...."  I say and Katherine frowns slightly "Oh.....I'm sorry..." She says and I shake my head slightly "It's not your fault." I say with a smile.

    "Now, tell me.....I was talking to Paul when you went MIA for a few minutes, and he said a few interesting things....am I Your first kiss?"

    Katherine's Pov:

      My eyes widen ever so slightly and I turn tomato red before I gently nod my head, making him smile that gorgeous smile. "Good." He says and I frown slightly in confusion. "Why do you say good?" I ask and he smiles a soft, kind smile " I wouldn't want your first kiss to be bad would I?" He asks and I laugh a little before he stands up and takes his jacket and boots off and I freeze for a second whilst I take him in. "Ummm....what're you errr doing?" I ask, blushing even more. "Getting ready for bed, I'm sleeping in here."