Chapter 1: Pilot

I stared up at the ceiling in my room, today is the day, I thought to myself. Today is the day that I would leave this place and my past behind me, I will go as far away from this dump that the trains and buses would allow me to, I've saved up for this for over two years, $1,500, I will go somewhere where Kirsty will NEVER find me.

    I got up and looked around my shoe box of a room, Although the room was small, it was my safe spot, a place I could hide away from the world, my own little bubble, paradise. I looked along the walls at all of the photographs and drawings, forgotten memories, I smiled fondly to myself as my fingers traced over the image of a tall, well dressed man with raven black hair and a kind smile, dad. My eyes flickered to the bottom right of the photograph where a small, shy little fairy of a girl stood, her raven hair shining in the golden glow of the sun as her startling blue eyes looked up in awe and love at the figure holding her hand. My smile faded ever so slightly before I carefully removed the tacks off of the photo and examined it in more detail, before kissing it and putting it in the inside pocket of my leather jacket.

    I walked across the room to where the mirror hung, crooked, on the wall. I stared at the ghost of a girl that was before me, raven curls flowing down my shoulders with ash white skin which had earned me the nickname 'snow white' in school, God I hated that film. I picked up my backpack and slung it comfortably on my shoulders.

   "Katherine! Get your ass down here now!" Kirstys shrill, unwelcoming voice hit my ears like nails on a chalk board. That's another thing that I will NEVER miss about this place, that winey ass, annoying voice hers.

    "I'm gonna count to ten! If you don't get down here I will beat your ass in to your dads grave!!" I closed my eyes and let out a frustrated sigh "One!" I threw on my shoes "Five!" I opened up the window "Seven!" I climbed out and closed it "Ten!" I heard the muffled shriek from Kirsty before I dropped from the ledge and began to run, I ran as fast as I my legs could take me. And I never looked back.