Chapter 27: A familiar face

David's pov:

"Right, lets go!" I call as Laddie was the first one to come running out of the cave, next Dwayne, then Paul and then Marko and Katherine. "Come on then Princess." I say as I get on my bike before I feel her wrap her arms around me tightly "Please don't go too fast...." She mumbles in to my back and I can't help but chuckle. "Anything for you, Princess....." I reply, a small smirk forming on my lips.

Within minutes we're at the board walk, Katherine cursing me to oblivion and back as I ride quicker than I have ever before. "You are an ass!" I hear as I get off before turning and grabbing my Princess's hips and helping her off. "But you love me." I say with a smirk to which she flips her middle finger at me. "Can we go to April's diner?" She asks and I frown a little. "And why do you want to go there?" I ask and she shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly. "The raspberry milkshake is amazing." She says simply before walking in the direction of the diner as we trail closely behind her, Dwayne catching up to her so that he's by her side.

We follow her to the diner which is surprisingly busy for this late before we step inside and all eyes are on us and I hear people start whispering hushed remarks about us. Katherine picks an empty booth before sitting down in it, Dwayne following like a little love sick puppy, it was very amusing. I sat down on her other side, beating Marko and Paul to it before Paul sits next to me with a big huff and Marko sits next to Laddie who was sitting by Dwayne. In a matter of seconds Emily is at our table, her hair surprisingly down for a change instead of the tight bun it was usually in. "The usual?" She asks without even looking up before there's a chorus of 'yes' from us all. She smiles before walking away quickly.

"Jesus Christ....you guys must come in here loads for her to know what you want...." my Princess speaks up with a laugh and I go to say something before I hear "Oh My God! Look who it is! It's Katherine White!"

Katherine's pov:

I cringed as I heard that all too familiar voice, what was SHE doing here? I turn to the booth behind us and there she was, Jasmine. Jasmine Higgins was a girl from my old school, she used to bully me mercilessly before I eventually dropped out. She would tease me from the way I dressed to how pale my skin was to my apparent 'sexual confusion' when it came to girls. I was straight. I didn't like girls, I liked guys but Jasmine has caught me looking at her in gym once when I had zoned out and then after that for two years, the nickname 'Dyke' stuck.

"What're you doing here?" She asks with a smile as if we were long time best friends. "I live here....." I say quietly, not looking her in the eyes. She hadn't changed much, her hair was still that gorgeous beach blonde and she was still tanned. "Oh, how cool! Oh, where are my manners? Girls, this is the little perv from my school I was telling you about!" She says as if she was complimenting me. The girls that she was with laugh and I could feel the tears brimming in my eyes. No, I would not cry. "And who the fuck are you?" I look up at Paul had turned his head and was studying Jasmine with a look of disgust on his face. "Oh, I'm Jasmine Higgins, but you can call me Jazz.....or anything else you want" She says, completely ignoring the fact that Paul has no interest in her as she looked him up and down. "Oh, So I can call you chlamydia with legs then?" This time Marko has spoken up, his eyes were narrowed and he was staring at Jasmine. "Excuse me?!" She looks at Marko, stunned. "You heard him. Leave Kitty alone." I turn my head back to Paul who was obviously pissed off and I smiled slightly.

"Why are you defending her? If you think that you're going to get in her pants by playing the hero you're really not.....me and 'Kitty' both know that she likes the 'Kitty', the dirty little dyke." Jasmine says with a grin before Dwayne speaks up this time. "Hey Emily.....come over here for a second." He calls, quite obviously trying to contain how angry he was. "Yeah?" Emily says with a smile as she walks over to us, a spring in her step. "This here is Jasmine and she has a certain opinion on quote on quote 'Dykes'" He says before Emily's usually happy features change and she was bearing a fierce look of anger. "Oh, does she now?" She asks as she looks her up and down before moving in so that she's millimetres away from Jasmine's face. "You better keep that 'opinion' to yourself, little girl, you are in my house now and you better watch what you say." Emily whispers menacingly, just loud enough for us all to hear. "Oh? And why's that? What're you gonna do about it?" Jasmine all but laughs.

"Honey, don't test me. I will take you outside and shove my foot so far up your little ass that it comes out of your mouth, that way you'll get a taste of your own shit. Got it, or do you need a demonstration?"

(Hey guys! What'd you think of Jasmine? Why do you think Emily is so angry about Jasmine being homophobic? Let me know! Thanks for reading!)