Chapter 60: Protection

Dwayne's pov:

I looked around the room in disbelief. It was clean. The whole place shone like a diamond and now had some semblance of a home. I thanked my love and told her that I loved what she's done to the place before she's quickly ducked down to sit in David's lap. I walk over to my clothes which were now neatly folded in to some sort of dresser, I was surprised at the variety and quantity of clothes that I actually had. I was admiring my clothes before I hear Marko's bike outside of the cave accompanied with Laddie telling him to 'slow down'. I turn to see Marko now holding Laddie in his arms along with a scrunched up newspaper, his face extremely pale almost as if he's scared.

"Marko! You're back! Do you like what I did?" My Love has a more then bright smile on her face as she gets out of the lap of a reluctant and annoyed David. She bounces over to Marko who has set Laddie down now before she throws her arms around him only to be met with no warm embrace. My brother stands there in almost shock as he stares straight ahead over Katherine's shoulder. I continue to watch on as My Love pulls away and cups Marko's face with her hands. "Marko? Marko, what's wrong?" Her soft voice speaks up and her voice is filled with obvious concern for my brother as Marko simply holds up the newspaper for Katherine to take and read.

The next few moments are almost blurry as as soon as Katherine 'finishes' reading the paper she's almost clinging to Marko - which seems to have snapped out of his trance like state - tears streaming down her face as my brother holds her up in his arms. "D-Don't let her take me! Don't l-let her take me away from you!" Her sobs continued to shatter my heart in to a million pieces in my chest. I looked down at the newspaper and felt every single nerve in my body just freeze for a few seconds before they tense up and I feel the rage surge through me. How dare she. How dare that monster try and take away the only good thing I have had since Isabella, how dare she cause the current state of my beautiful Love, how dare she have the audacity to pose with such a glum expression on her face as she played the heartbroken mother role when she was nothing more than an abuser to my gorgeous mate. I can feel the bones in my face crack and start to shift before there is a small hand that clamps on to mine. I look down to see my love looking up at me, her beautiful blue eyes swollen with tears and filled with fear. "D-Dwayne?" Her voice cracks when she stutters my name. "Don't....." She whispers gently as the shift from normal human to beast stops. "I-I'm scared....." She whispers and before she knows it I've pulled her up from the floor and in to a tight embrace. One of my hands circles her waist pressing her firmly in to me whilst the other gently presses her head in to my chest, allowing her to sob and cry in peace.

I gently stroke her hair, trying my best to calm her down. "Listen my love......" I say gently before she looks up at me again as I continue to run my fingers gently through her hair. "Nobody is going to take you away from us...." I say soothingly.
"Nothing's going to happen to you whilst you're with us." I hear Marko chime in.
"We will always protect you." This comes from Paul who still looks shocked as he holds the newspaper in his hands.
"Princess.....if she- if anybody even thinks about laying a hand on you..... I....we will rip them to shreds." David says in his usual calm and collected tone, but on the inside I could tell that he was about ready to explode.

"And that's a promise."

((Hey guys! Did you miss me?? I know that I said I would be uploading more due to all the free time I had and I'm really sorry but I've felt super unmotivated.....I will honestly try my best to upload more but I can't make any promises! Please don't forget to vote and comment if you want more!!))