Chapter 29: A teary confession

Dwayne's pov:

I was just about to get up to look for my girl before she came sauntering in to the room, her face red, lips ever so slightly swollen and her breath a little in even. I couldn't help but laugh a bit as she sat on the bed, taking her shoes off. "What're you laughing at Mr?" She asks with a wry smile before I shake my head "Nothing my love...." I say as she raises her eyebrow at me before getting up and taking her T-shirt off to reveal she was in the black lace bra that Paul had bought her on the first night she came here. "You like what you see?" She asks with a mischievous smile on her lips before she slips over Paul's black Metallica t shirt that was practically a dress on her. She then slips her jeans and socks off before crawling in to bed with me.

"Hmmmmm.....I did like what I saw, shame you had to take such a beautiful sight away....." I murmur softly as I look down at her "Oh boo hoo!" She says with a grin before turning over so that her back is pressed up against my chest. I carefully wrapped my arms around her, pulling her as close and as tight as possible against me. "Dwayne?" I hear her voice murmur softly and I look down at her "Mhmm?" I hum in response.
"Who's Isabelle?"

Katherine's pov:

I feel him tense behind me before he moves his arms away and turns me around, a pained expression on his face. "Where did you hear that name?" He asks in barely a whisper. "You haven't noticed yet, but when we're alone, you sometimes call me 'Issy'" I say softly as I look up at him and he shakes his head.

"Isabelle.....Isabelle is my girlfriend...." He says and I feel my heart shatter in to a million tiny pieces. "You're girlfriend?" I ask and he slowly nod my head. "When I was human, I was as you can probably guess in a tribe.....a group of men appeared one day and offered some sort of experience, it was to prove to the 'civil' world that my kind weren't savages as they were led to believe...I took the opportunity and before you know it I was shipped off in to a big city, I didn't understand much English and kept on getting lost, nobody helped me....apart from Isabelle. She was kind and caring, had what everyone else lacked, she had a warm heart." He says softly, a fond smile in his lips.

"She taught me how to speak English to a good enough standard and was so kind to me,I.....I fell in love with her. Her husband was an abusive drunk who would regularly beat her and take advantage of her. I started seeing her in secret, this went on for a couple of months before we found out she was pregnant, so did her husband. He had me hunted down and beaten and shot, left to die on the side of the road.....and that's where I met David. He saved me, gave me his blood." He says, looking down at his hands.

"When he explained all I had to do was make a kill, I knew exactly who it would be and so I waited a few months. I broke in to their house in the middle of the night and killed the poor bastard as he chugged in a beer.....Isabelle saw. I tried to explain to her but she ran from me, taking my son with her. I chased her out in to the streets and to eventually the lake, it was winter so it had frozen over, she ran along the ice to try and get away from me. I tried to persuade her to come with me and that everything would be alright but just when she started to walk towards me......the ice cracked and her and my son fell through....I-I couldn't get to them in time.....they w-were gone long before I-I pulled them out." I looked up at him, tears rolling down my face as I listened in before I slammed my face in to his chest and hugged him so damn tightly. 

(Hey guys. What'd you think about Dwayne's past? Pretty sad huh? Let me know what you thing and thanks for reading.)