Chapter 63: Love of my life

Paul's Pov:

The silence of the cave was deafening. David's eyes were fixed on me, waiting for a response but my lips remained closed, almost as if someone had sewn them up. I couldn't respond at all. I won't lie, his words like razor wire cut and burned my thoughts as if they were my skin. I was hurt. The atmosphere of the cave become cloudy with tension and thick with betrayal. Before I could even attempt to conjure up some form of response there is a shout from the left side of me.

"David!"

I turn my face only to meet eyes with Katherine, a look of hurt and confusion etched on her angelic face. I feel embarrassed at the thought of my beautiful kitty hearing anything about my past, my embarrassment causing me to flick my eyes down to the ground, avoiding her eyes. Even though I don't see her I can hear the light pitter patter of her feet on the floor as she makes her way towards the three of us. She does something that surprises me next. She hugs me tightly, wrapping her arms around my neck only to pull me down towards her, positioning my head in to the crook of her neck. I feel myself slowly start to become more calm and at ease as the warmth of her body envelopes me and the scent of her hair soothes my mind. I can hear her heartbeat before I feel her chest rumble as she begins to speak.

"Why do you have to be such a dick?! He was only trying to help!!" Her voice is shrill and filled with anger and sadness mixed in to one.

"Come on Prince-" David reaches for her as he starts to speak but I feel her swat his hand away quickly and it almost makes me laugh.

"No David! You don't get to just smooths this all over by some sweet talking and a hug. You were being a asshole!! And you know that!"

"Fine, fine.... I'm sorry alright, now come here."

I feel Katherine pull me in even more and her heartbeat quicken ever so slightly.

"No, it's not me who you should be apologising to is it?"

"I'm not apologising to him, every word I said was true. I won't apologise for telling the truth Katherine." David's voice is calm but I can feel his slight anger through the pack connection we have.

"No, no it's not! Paul is not a loser or a fuck up! He's amazing and sweet and kind! He's polite and funny and makes me laugh, that's more than you do David! He is so much more than what YOU see him as. He's one of the most brilliant people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and I am in LOVE with him as much as I am in love with you! YOU need to get your shit together David! Just because you're stressed out doesn't give you the right to be a dick!" I feel my heart warming at her words and my arms wrap around her tighter before she kisses the top of my head and pulls away, walking to the entrance of the cave.

"Where are you going?" David calls out before she flips him off without a word and continues walking.

Once she's gone I find the courage to meet David's eyes before I regain my composure. "I might be a loser fuckup drug addict, but atleast she has loves me for who I am."

I leave both David and Dwayne standing there before I head off to go and find my angel...my angel who loves me for me.

((Hey losters!! How you doing!!! A little bit of an angsty chapter but don't worry, for all of you Paul fans there is definitely going to be some Paul love next chapter!! <3))