Chapter 20: Patience

Marko's pov:

       As we just got in to the cave and Dwayne whisked Katherine away, I realised that she hadn't eaten today apart from a few bags of Cheetos. I grab the landline that Max had somehow managed to install in this place before he went 'missing' before sailing my favourite pizza place. "Ummm hi.....I can I order two large pepperoni pizzas, two fries, and a bottle of lemonade please?" I say through the phone before giving them our address. I sigh softly as they start to ask if this is a prank call "No, it's not. There's a party going on down here." I say and they eventually agree to delivering the pizza. I smile before walking over to where Miguel and Paul (My second birds name was actually Leo but I didn't want Paul to kill him.) before breaking up bits of bread and feeding them.

      Half an hour later I hear the sound of a car pulling up and I rush outside, grabbing the pizzas and paying before running back inside. "Why didn't you order Chinese?" David asks me and I shrug my shoulders "Katherine likes pizza." I say before walking towards her room and opening the door. "I got pi-" I lift the box up before my sentence is cut short as I see Dwayne standing with Katherine in his arms, his lips pressed against hers. They break away and she blushes furiously whilst my brother lets out a growl of frustration. "Do you want me to go?" I ask, disappointed before Katherine speaks up "No! I'm starving actually!" She says, a beautiful smile gracing her lips before she shrugs on David's jacket to keep her warm and takes a box off of me.

       "Ughhhhhhh pepperoni is my favourite!" I grin as Katherine chomps down on to her second slice of pizza before raising it up to my lips, I take a bite and then swallow. "Me too." I say as I adjusted myself ever so slightly. We had bought the pizza in to the main cave so that we could all eat together. I sat down on the rug on the floor before Katherine, surprisingly sat in front of me, leaning the back of her head on my chest as my legs went on either side of her. We had sat like this whilst we talked and she fed me pizza as my hands were going to work on her long beautiful Raven hair, giving her a few plaits. "Awwww....you two look like the most cliched version of best friends on a sleepover." Paul says with a grin before he sits down right in front of her and holds a joint up to her and she grins before taking it. "Ah Ah Ah..... not for you Missy." I say before quickly plucking it out of her hand and stuffing it in my pocket "You are still high, and we don't have enough food for when you get the munchies again." I say causing her to laugh slightly. "Fineeeee...."

      This felt nice, more then nice actually, I finally had her to myself for a little while and no one was going to take her off of me. I finished up the last plait before grabbing the cracked mirror by my side "Ta Da!" I say in a sing songy voice as she looks at her hair, running her fingers along one of the plaits, a wide smile on her face "Oh Marko! I love it!" She exclaims before turning around and hugging me. I sigh softly as I wrap my arms around her waist and hug back, squeezing her gently. "Thank you." She says softly before kissing my cheek and I smile "Is that all I'm gonna get for my hard working labour? A measly little kiss on the cheek?" I joke, waggling my eyebrows much to Paul's annoyance "Hey! You copied my eyebrow thing!" He says and I laugh before my laughter is cut short by a pair of very soft plump lips against mine.

David's pov:

        "That's so unfair! How am I the last one to get a kiss? I'm hotter and way more sexy than all of you combined!" I hear the voice of Paul exclaim and this causes me to turn from my conversation with Dwayne to where Marko and Katherine were sitting. Marko has an extremely surprised look on his face before he closed his eyes and gently kissed Katherine back. Their kiss only lasted for a few seconds before she broke away and then turned around at Paul's words. "It's because you're the most annoying." She says and I couldn't help but grin at that, it was safe to say that I liked high Katherine....I liked high Katherine a lot.

Paul's pov:

I sat against the wall, my arms crossed over my chest as I 'sulked' at being called annoying. I was not annoying! I was just...over excited, about everything...I looked over at Katherine who was grinning at me before I flipped my middle finger up at her. "Awww Paul.....don't be mad....if you do something nice, you might get a kiss too..." She says, a genuine smile on her lips. "Oh, just you wait until tomorrow then." I say, a grin forming on my face.