𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Before you would go with Tanjiro, and possibly live with his family, you and him would bury your family

Before you would go with Tanjiro, and possibly live with his family, you and him would bury your family. You couldn't just let them all lay there. They needed to be at peace. It was the right thing to do. You had enough time since it was still daylight out. Even though the clouds had blocked away most of the suns rays.

Tanjiro had gotten two shovels out of the shed where you told him it was and you began to dig. You both stayed silent. Tanjiro watched you as the tears seemed to never end from your face. Who could blame you? You lost your entire family and had nothing left. They were the light of your life. Just like his family was too.

You went and wrapped what was left of your family into blankets that were inside the house. You buried your parents and last was your brother. Tanjiro helped you carry you brother out and you told Tanjiro you could do the rest. Although it looked like a two person job instead of one.

"Y/N. Let me help you." You shook your head no as you then went to eat down into the hole that you had just made.

"I can do it!" You said through tears. You gently laid your wrapped up brothers body and set him down. You took one last look before covering his body with the blanket. You walked back over to where Tanjiro was and he held a hand out to you. You took his hand and he helped you up out of the grave.

When you both finished, you prayed for your family. He did the same. You prayed that they would be okay in the afterlife. And that they would have a peaceful life. A better one than they could ever have.

You both looked at each other.

"You ready to go?" Tanjiro asked. You looked back at the graves but then looked back up at him and nodded your head.

~~~~~

Time had passed in silence while walking through the snow. It was quiet. Besides the occasional winter breeze the blew by and wiped at your hair. Tanjiro decided that he wouldn't talk. You were dealing with a lot. And he wanted to give you space. No person should ever have to come home to their family being massacred. You had nothing left. And he felt that he and his family could take care of you. He would feel horrible if he just left you. It wasn't a good thing to do. But he was fairly certain that he was doing the right thing.

You and him had finally reached his house and as you did. You both stopped.

You looked and saw blood at the front of his house. Everywhere. Tanjiro ran closer to the house. Dropping everything he was carrying. You did too. You ran with him and when you both got closer, you both gasped.

There laid a boy who was being held by a girl laying in the snow. With blood covering every inch of their clothing and bodies. You looked to your side and saw that there were even more bodies around. Covered in blood and eyes looking like would pop out at any second. It scared the hell outta you. But mostly him.