𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

After Uzui talking about how he was some sort of god and what-not, he gave all four of you the rest of the day to get as much rest as you could

After Uzui talking about how he was some sort of god and what-not, he gave all four of you the rest of the day to get as much rest as you could. For the trip would be a long time.

Darkness had fallen upon the land and the moon reflected the suns rays gently upon the horizon. Making a small glow among the night. It was a quiet and beautiful night.

Tanjiro was in his room and trying to sleep. Although he couldn't. The next days future events were packed on his mind. Keeping him from sleeping. He lay on his backside and facing up at the ceiling. His hands laced together and behind his head as he stared at the ceiling.

He thought about it. The possible outcomes of what could happen. Would this next mission be just a a regular one? Or would it be his last?

He didn't know why but he had that feeling again. The same feeling he got when he was going to face that demon in Onutama. Where you had almost died in front of him. He was getting that same feeling again. His heart pounded with worry as he continued to stare up at the ceiling. He hoped the feeling was wrong.

He didn't know how much time had passed before he heard a small knock at the door. He turned his head around and watched as the door towards the hallway opened slightly as it creaked quietly. A small little light illuminated the room immediately.

A familiar face poked out from behind the door as it slid open. It was you. You stepped forward looking at his figure and saw that he was awake. You stepped forward again quietly and held the candle in your hand. You gave him an awkward smile.

"Sorry... I-I couldn't sleep. I didn't wake you did I?" You asked in a whisper with concern.

"No you're good. I couldn't sleep either."

That same gentle grin plastered its way onto your face. "C-Can I sleep in here? With you? I don't really want to be alone right now."

The light wasn't able to glow as brightly. Which Tanjiro was thankful for because it covered the fact that he blushed when you asked him that. Of course he wanted you to come and sleep with him.

"Yeah. I don't mind."

"Thank you." You said with gratitude. You came ver and placed the candle upon one of the nightstands and went to crawl in under the covers with him. You slipped under the covers and he immediately wrapped his arm around your figure as you cuddled close to him and rested your head in his neck. He took his left hand that was behind your head and ran his calloused fingers through your (h/l) (h/c) locks gently. Your hair was so soft. And your body was warm. He loved this feeling. It made him feel whole.

Then that feeling came back. For tomorrow. And what the day would bring to both you and him. Including the other two demon slayers and his sister. Anything could happen. To him. To Nezuko. To you. It made him worry. He hoped it would just be a false alarm and just be his imagination playing with his thoughts. He hoped and prayed in his mind that you and him could see this along with everyone else. Together.