𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡

~Many years ago~

~Many years ago~

It was a beautiful and blessed morning in the mountains. It was just the break of summer and everything was blooming. From the dainty daisies, to the lovely lavenders that swayed occasionally with the refreshing summer breeze.

You and your mother had been walking through the woods finding many many flowers around. Your mother loved how you would completely fantasize over every little thing. Many would say that you shouldn't have that kind of mindset. Being so carefree and innocent. They thought people could just never keep that innocence. But your mother knew how you were. You might be stubborn. But your spirit was free and you were so independent. And your mother couldn't help but be happy with her little girl. She wondered if being a big sister would be the best thing that could possibly happen to you. She knew you'd be happy.

"Mommy look at this one!" You called out behind your mother. She turned her head to face you and saw a beautiful flower in your hand.

"Its beautiful honey!" She replied with a closed eye smile at her little bundle of joy. You giggled and held the flower in your hand. Its bright colors seeming to call out to you.

"Come to think of it, I've never really seen stargazer lilies up here." She stated. You tilted your head to the side and raised your brow. "What's it called?" You asked your mother. She giggled.

"A stargazer lily. Also a Japanese lily." You made an 'oh' movement with your tiny mouth.

"Those are my favorite flowers." She smiled.

"Really?" You asked her in wonder. She laughed at your cute demeanor and nodded. You then walked up to your mother and held the flower up to her.

"Here mommy, for you." You smiled gleefully at your mother and she made an 'aw' with her mouth.

"Aww honey you shouldn't have. Why don't you keep it?" She took your little hands and pushed them gently back to you.

"But mommy, don't you want it? They're your favorite flowers." You mentioned. She just smiled and looked at the flower.

"I do love them. But, you wanna know why I do?" You looked at your mother curiously. Wondering why she loved the flower so much, but at the same time, why she didn't want it.

"Why mommy?"

"Well, they remind me of you. They represent purity. And to me, you are pure and so precious to me." Your heart filled with warmth. "And I would go through hell to make sure you are safe and that you will never have anyone lay a finger on you." A single tear escaped your (e/c) eyes and you leapt into your mothers arms. You hugged her tight. Not wanting to let go.

"I love you mommy."

"I love you too honey."

~~~~~