𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

The whole town was beginning to flow with more people and decorations the closer you guys got to the center of town

The whole town was beginning to flow with more people and decorations the closer you guys got to the center of town. Tapestries hung where all eyes could see. Lanterns hung high up. The smell of food cooking filled your nostrils. Making you feel hungry.

As you walked closer down the road, you heard an odd sound coming from your left side. You stopped in your tracks upon hearing it again. Turning your head to look down a dark alleyway, you analyzed the area and listened again.

"Hey Y/N. Look at that—" Tanjiro pointed to something but noticed you were not walking next to him. He raised his eyebrow and looked behind him to see you looking down the alleyway.

"Y/N?" He asked as he inches closer to you. You nudged your head towards the alleyway.

"I heard something strange down there." Hearing your statement. He averted his gaze to Zenitsu who was watching the two of you looking down the alleyway. Tanjiro waved him over and he followed along with Inosuke behind him.

"Zenitsu, do you hear anything peculiar down here?" The red head asked. Zenitsu stayed still for a moment. To which you presumed he was trying to pick up the sound you claimed to be hearing from down the alleyway. Out of no where, his amber eyes widened.

"I hear crying. It sounds like someone's crying." He stated. Your eyes widened upon hearing this. Then, without even thinking, you ran down the dark alleyway in hopes of finding whoever was crying.

"Y/N! Wait!" Tanjiro called out to you as he followed behind.

You were running down there. Someone could be in trouble. Maybe it's the demon? No... it couldn't be. There is still a bit of sunlight seeping down through the alleyway.

You stopped when you noticed a figure beginning to appear to the left side of the walls. As you approached closer, you could now hear the cries a lot louder and clearer now. It sounded like a little girl. Her knees were up against her chest. Her muffled cries echoed throughout the alleyway. You started walking again and stood in front of the young girl, kneeling to the ground.

"H-Hey... are you alright?" You asked. The girl stopped for a moment and looked up to you. She had long black hair with bangs reaching just above her eyebrows. Her eyes were a dark metallic grey color.