I know what it feels like

Stiles tapped his fingers anxiously on his knee as the phone pressed against his ear rang through.

"Hello?" Mason's voice answered.

"Mason, it's Stiles-"

"What are you doing? You can't just call me out of the blue, Corey and I schedule our conversations," Mason cut in, his tone low.

Stiles could hear scuffling in the background as if Mason were moving around.

"Sorry, I just...Corey said you'd be at the Argent's right about now, I need to talk to Allison," Stiles glanced at Derek and Corey who looked just as uneasy as Stiles felt.

"Are you crazy? Gerard and Kate are here, you think I can just walk up and hand Allison my phone? 'oh hey it's the guy you think tried to kill you and our most wanted hunter'." Mason mocked.

Stiles let out a heavy sigh. "Do you think you can draw her out? Take her for coffee or something?" he felt Derek's expression change, but he didn't dare meet his eyes. He'd agreed to lay low.

"I mean..." Mason huffed, "Probably."

"Okay, let her pick and then tell me where to meet. I have to talk to her Mase," Stiles' eyes glanced up to where Derek was glaring at him.

Stiles gave an apologetic frown, as if begging for Derek to forgive him.

"Fine, but bring Corey," Mason agreed.

"Deal."

When Stiles hung up, he looked at Corey and Derek.

Derek's jaw was clenched, and his eyes were narrowed, but he didn't speak.

"I would tell you what the plan is, but you both probably heard," Stiles gave an uneasy chuckle.

"You really think this will work?" Corey asked when Derek still didn't say anything.

"I know Allison, and if I can get her face to face, I can talk to her. Over the phone was never gonna work. She's being surrounded by lies. Getting her on our side is key," Stiles answered Corey, but his eyes didn't leave Derek as he spoke.

"So, you and I then?" Corey asked, his eyes glancing at Derek as if for permission.

Derek's stare didn't leave Stiles. "I want a perimeter around the location once we know it. Scott and Brett."

"I'll let them know," Corey nodded and hurried out the door.

Stiles looked at Derek waiting for him to blow up.

Instead, Derek's tone was quiet and disappointed, "You lied to me."

"Derek-" Stiles started but the alpha cut in.

"You promised me you would lay low."

"I was going to, and I still will but-"

"Stiles, this is dangerous. You don't think that they're going to have eyes on Allison at all times? Kate knows your weaknesses. She knows you'll reach out to Allison. You're gonna blow Mason's cover, and you're gonna get yourself killed," Derek's tone was still too calm.

"Then what do I do?" Stiles snapped, "You're the one who said I needed to convince Allison. That's what I'm trying to do."

Derek's shoulders dropped. He knew Stiles was right. He had to stop letting his feelings get in the way.

"At least be smart about it. Get Chris to draw her out. He can hold his own."

Stiles nodded, "Alright."

He pulled out his phone and sent Mason a text with the updated plan.

"Are you gonna let me and Corey go alone?" Stiles asked once he got confirmation from Mason.