Rest

When Stiles emerged from the bathroom in clothes that were no longer soaked in his blood, he was met with a room full of wolves.

His hand itched for the dagger at his side, but he refrained knowing that he couldn't take on a room full, not that he wanted to anyway. They weren't even the enemy at this point anymore. He wasn't entirely sure who all he could classify as the enemy.

A wave of dizziness washed over Stiles then, as he guided himself down the hallway.

"You should probably sit. You lost a lot of blood and will need to rest," Derek's voice made Stiles look up to where the alpha was standing in the middle of the room.

Stiles eyes scanned the room of wolves.

"They're just curious, I won't let them hover," Derek smirked, as if guessing what Stiles was thinking.

"Is it safe here?" Stiles asked, his eyes now back on Derek.

"Are you asking if you're safe here or-"

"Is it safe from them?" Stiles cut in. Another wave of dizziness washed over him as he spoke.

"Yes," Derek answered simply.

"Then I should go. I don't want to risk bringing them here," Stiles went to go for the door but staggered slightly.

"Don't be an idiot, Stilinski," Cora spoke up, having returned at some point. "I ditched the car, destroyed any way of tracking where it's been. And apparently you destroyed your phone. There's no way they can track you. You're in no condition to go anywhere."

"Last I checked, you're not the alpha," Stiles snapped.

A few snickers were heard from a few of the pack members.

"I'm his sister, which makes me his advisor, so close enough."

"Cora," Derek snapped.

Stiles rose a brow, before dropping it into a frown.

"You're not the last one," Stiles turned to Derek, unsteadily. "Your secret is safe with me. Does that mean Malia is also a Hale or..."

"Not exactly. I'm a cousin. Half cousin. Peter's oldest daughter," Malia piped in.

"Yes, let's tell the hunter that wants us all dead, everything about us," Erica piped in.

"I don't want you dead," Stiles shook his head which he instantly regretted. "Not anymore."

"And we're just supposed to believe you?" Jackson piped in with a scoff.

"Of course not, you'd be stupid to."

"Stiles, why don't you come with me, so we can talk privately," Derek offered pointing deeper into the loft.

"No," Erica, Theo and Jackson all spoke at the same time.

"If Stiles wanted me dead, I would be, he's had the opportunity, besides he's hardly in the condition to take me on," Derek growled flashing his eyes at the three betas.

The three exchanged uncertain glances but didn't argue.

"You really got the whole control your pack thing down, huh?" Stiles said, his hand once again itching for his blade out of pure instinct, at the sight of Derek's eyes.

"If you don't have control you don't have a pack at all," Derek answered, leading Stiles out of the door of the loft and across the hall to a much smaller living area.

"This is the pack area. We do pack meetings and dinners and bonding here. There's a spare room in the back corner we don't use. We don't like to be apart. You're welcome to stay there. I'm sure you won't want to go home any time soon."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Stiles frowned.

"You've been through hell today. I know we're not friends, but we're on the same side, whether you like it or not. I told you from the beginning I'm not your enemy. Now that you know that to be true, I'd like to work together. I don't intend to use you like Gerard did. I want this to be a mutual agreement. But there must be trust first. I'm willing to make that first step. You've been...programmed, for lack of a better term, to hate me. I want to change that. So then we can work together," Derek answered honestly.

"You knew Kate killed my father. Why not just tell me?"

"Would you have believed me?"

Stiles didn't respond.

"I observed you, Stiles. I did my research on you. I knew about the Sheriff being killed. Peter told me. He saw it happen. He tried to stop it and almost died in the process."

Stiles' head started to swim at this new information.

"I knew that you had been raised by the Argent's and they lied about what happened. I knew that I had to be careful with how you found this information. You needed to find the truth yourself. It's not easy to find that out, but sometimes, it's the best way."

Stiles stumbled reaching out to grip at something.

Derek caught him and lead him to the couch. "You should really sit. I'll have someone bring something over for you to eat. What do you like?"

"You don't want my help," Stiles shook his head.

"What?" Derek frowned, a slight tilt in his head.

"How many packs did I kill? How many of them didn't deserve it?"

Derek sat next to Stiles, "You can't do that to yourself. If you do, you'll be riddled with guilt the rest of your life. We've all made mistakes. You weren't to blame."

"How many people have you killed?" Stiles looked at Derek.

"You need to rest, now isn't the time to go down that road."

"You've never killed anyone, have you? I was gonna kill you and you didn't deserve it."

"One," Derek growled.

Stiles looked over at Derek in surprise.

"Did they deserve it?"

Derek's jaw clenched as he shook his head. "No."

Stiles was conflicted. He wanted to feel angry. Wanted to feel like Derek was the enemy but how many had he killed? How many was he going to kill in Derek's pack?

"You should get some rest."

"I need to get to my apartment. They'll go through my stuff. They'll try and find me. I can't let that happen," Stiles was suddenly back on his feet, though still unsteady.

"You need to rest," Derek was on his feet, by Stiles' side.

"If they find my computer, they can find you. They have a guy that can crack it. I need to get back there before they do."

"You're in no condition to go anywhere," Derek shook his head.

"Your pack is important to you, right?"

"Of course," Derek growled.

"Well that computer has the history of how I tracked you to this exact address, if they go back far enough, they will find it. Do you really want to risk that?" Stiles snapped, his arm flailing towards the door, causing him to become even more unsteady.

"You need blood. I'm sending someone to get you blood and then you and I, together, are going to your apartment, deal?"

"Fine," Stiles snapped. He would take what he could get. Besides, he doubted Derek trusted him enough to let him go anywhere alone anyway, not that he blamed him. 

*AN*
Just a bit of a filler chapter for you. Hope you enjoy.