Cure

Stiles blinked tears from his eyes as he wiped a bit of sweat stuck hair from Derek's forehead.

"The pack. They're gonna want—" Stiles swallowed down the sob in his throat.

"I'll- I'll get 'em," Allison nodded.

"Are you sure there's nothing we can do?" Stiles pleaded; his arm still wrapped around Derek.

"It's okay," Derek reached a hand up and wiped at a tear.

"It's not. I can't—" Stiles closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I can't lose you," he whispered.

A sad smile pulled at Derek's lips. "Guess I don't get that kiss," he teased.

Stiles opened his eyes, now filled with fresh tears. He bent his head, pressing their foreheads together. "You were supposed to make it through tonight."

"I know. I'm sorry. But please know this isn't your fault."

Stiles pressed his lips harshly against Derek's. "And yet I'll never forgive myself," he whispered against Derek's mouth.

"Stiles," Derek's tone suddenly grew tense.

"What?" Stiles pulled back, eyes scanning for what could cause such a shift in Derek's tone.

"I need you to know something," Derek swallowed. The pain was starting to make him dizzy, and he could feel the tightness spreading through his chest.

Stiles' brows pinched.

Derek's face softened.

Stiles tensed, realization washing over him, "No. Don't."

"I love you," Derek said it anyway.

Stiles closed his eyes and turned away from Derek like he could escape the words.

"Derek," Cora was rushing to his side. "No, no, no, no, no."

"It's okay, Cora," Derek grabbed her hand, squeezing it.

"What happened?" Cora looked to Stiles. He expected accusing eyes but there was nothing but pain in them.

Stiles only shook his head. His mouth unable to form the words.

"He got them. Both of them," Derek glanced towards where Kate was unmoving.

"There's a cure somewhere. I can find it." Stiles couldn't lose Derek not after everything they'd been through.

"Stiles." Derek caught his wrist as he pulled away.

"No," Stiles snapped. "There's still time."

"I'll help," Isaac's broken voice spoke up from behind Cora.

Stiles looked up to see several members of the pack.

"Scott, Jackson, Hayden, go downstairs, search everything. Isaac, Theo and I will check up here. Cora, you stay with Derek. If he... if—"

"Yeah." Cora wiped at a tear that had escaped down her cheek. "Go."

The pack spread out. Stiles went into Gerard's room. And pushed open the hidden door. He, without being gentle, started opening boxes and clawing through them desperately. Dust kicked into the air from boxes untouched for years. Stiles didn't care.

Box after box was filled with information on the packs and reports from the hunters. Nothing that had anything to do with a rare type of wolfsbane.

Swearing he threw the box he was holding across the small room. Papers fluttered out as the box spilled onto the stone floor.

"Stiles," Jackson's voice called.

Stiles nearly tripped over a pile of boxes as he rushed out.

He reached the hall to see Jackson had Gregor in a clawed grip at the top of the stairs, "Thought he might know something, but he refuses to talk to anyone but you."