Donovan

Stiles had never wished for werewolf abilities. Even when he was younger and other children his age used to whisper behind their parents backs about what it would be like to hear across football fields or lift trucks or see in the dark. He never wanted those things. He'd hated everything about wolves from day one. However, in this very moment, sitting at the edge of the woods across the cemetery where he could barely even make out the two figures on the other side, he wondered for the first time what it might be like to have the abilities Derek did.

A slight rustle to his left caused him to stiffen. He didn't need Derek's abilities to know that was no wild animal. He was no longer alone.

He gently slid a dagger from it's sheath and slowly scanned the area. His heart was hammering a thousand miles a minute and for the first time he didn't have to wonder if the ones out here with him could hear it. He wasn't hunting werewolves. In fact, he wasn't hunting at all. He was the one being hunted.

He heard another very quiet rustle before a figure stepped out of the woods and headed towards the large stone pillars of the cemetery exit.

Stiles' teeth grit. Had Chris brought back up? Was this person sent to follow Derek afterwards?

Wasting no time, Stiles carefully stepped from his spot at the edge of the woods, silently praying that there weren't others.

He snuck up behind the hunter and very quickly covered his mouth while pushing him back against the pillar, his knife instantly at his throat.

Anger and worry swelled in Stiles when the light from the cemetery lantern revealed the hunter in front of him.

"Donovan," Stiles growled quietly, removing his hand.

Donovan didn't say anything as he looked at Stiles like he was looking at a ghost.

"What are you doing here?" Stiles snapped. Donovan had been Kate's little informant last time. Was Chris working with Kate or was Donovan spying on Chris?

"I could ask you the same?" Donovan scanned Stiles in a way that Stiles knew to mean he was checking to see if he was okay. "You left."

"Is that what they told you?" Stiles sneered.

"They don't tell us much when it comes to you. But we know enough. You tried to kill Kate. You took Corey to Derek. You put a gun to Allison's head," Donovan spoke like it pained him to say these things. Like he was begging for Stiles to argue them.

"They would tell you that. But did they tell you why?"

Donovan scoffed, "Does it matter why? Stiles, this isn't you," he gestured to the knife at his throat.

"Actually, this very much is me, you've just never been on this side of the blade."

"So what are you going to do, kill me?" Donovan threw his hands up.

"How many weapons do you have on you?" Stiles asked, scanning Donovan as if he could tell.

"One."

"Just one?" Stiles raised a brow doubtfully.

"I'm not hunting, I'm spying, just one," Donovan snapped.

"If you give it to me, we can have a civil conversation."

Donovan didn't say anything for a moment. He glanced over his shoulder towards where Chris and Derek were at the front of the cemetery.

"You're with him, aren't you?" Donovan's tone was quiet and disappointed.

"We have a common enemy at the moment."

"Stiles, do you hear yourself? A common enemy? He is the enemy," Donovan pressed forward slightly but Stiles didn't move the blade forcing it to bite into Donovan's throat slightly.