Lying

Derek reached for Stiles, but it was too late. Stiles was storming towards Donovan, his hand clenched at his sides.

Donovan backed into the nearest wall, his eyes wide as Stiles pressed his forearm against his chest, pinning him in place. The metal wall rattled in protest.

"What did you do?" He demanded. His voice low and threatening.

"I didn't do anything," Donovan glanced passed Stiles, towards where Derek and Allison were. "I swear. I don't know what you're talking about."

"You're spying for them. I knew you couldn't be trusted," Stiles snapped, pressing his arm harder against Donovan's chest. His other hand itching to reach for a dagger.

"I didn't. I wouldn't," Donovan shook his head, his hands up as if in surrender.

"You're lying," Stiles growled.

"Stiles, he's not," Derek spoke gently, stepping forward.

"Yes, he is."

"He's not lying. I'd hear it."

"He's probably practiced keeping his heart steady. It's not hard."

"What?" Derek frowned at Stiles, but Stiles didn't take his eyes off of Donovan.

"I learned how to do it in just a few hours. I'm sure he was prepared for this moment."

Derek knew it wasn't the time to question Stiles, but it stung to know that he'd been lying to him.

"Stiles I swear to you I don't know how to do that. And I swear I'm not a spy," Donovan glanced to the other hunters.

"Someone did," Braeden narrowed her eyes, her hand hovering over her thigh where her gun sat.

"Stiles, listen to me, I wouldn't do that. I would never do anything to put you in danger," Donovan searched Stiles' eyes for an inkling of doubt that he could latch on to, but Stiles' expression remained hard and unflinching.

"We don't have time for this," Allison looked to Derek with pleading eyes. If anyone could get through to Stiles, it would be Derek.

"She's right, Stiles," Derek pushed down the disappointment he felt towards Stiles. Right now, his priority was getting them out of there.

Stiles' lips pulled into a sneer at the idea of letting Donovan get away with this.

"Stiles, I promise you I-" Donovan cut himself short as a movement on the opposite side of the room caught his attention. Time seemed to slow as he watched Meredith pull her gun from its hiding spot in her back.

Donovan grabbed Stiles' shoulders and with all his strength spun them, so Stiles' back was now pressed against the wall. It rattled once again.

Donovan didn't hear the gun go off. The silencer on the end muted the explosion, but he felt the sting in his back as the bullet pierced through him.

He did however hear another gun go off, but he was too focused on keeping himself upright.

Everything happened so fast Stiles had a hard time following the events that had Donovan crumpling in his arms.

Meredith swore, "All I fucking needed was you, and Kate would have had to notice me." Her gun was now aimed at Derek but before she could get a shot off, she was doubled over, blood spilling into her hand. Her gun clattered to the ground.

Allison stood, her gun up and pointed at Meredith, her hands shaking.

Donovan stumbled, leaning against Stiles' chest, "I could never hurt you," he whispered before his legs gave out under him.