I feel fine

Stiles held onto Allison as she cried into his shoulder. Tears of relief no doubt.

"Alright, clear out," Boyd ordered, gesturing towards the door. The pack all quietly filed out.

Derek took up the rear before being stopped at the door by Boyd's hand on his chest.

"Not you."

Derek frowned at his second in command. It was rare for Boyd to give him orders. However, he knew what this was about.

Derek imagined that the pack had smelled the worry and anguish he had just gone through. His feelings for the hunter were no secret now. Any doubt would surely have been snuffed.

"I'm gonna give them a minute," Derek gestured towards the siblings.

Boyd's eyes followed to where Allison had pulled away and Stiles was wiping away her tears.

With a hesitant sigh he removed his hand, allowing Derek to step by him.

Stiles tried to stamp down the disappointment at Derek's departure.

"Never do that again," Allison snapped gently as she finished wiping the last of her tears away.

"I'm sorry. I promise I wasn't reckless. I was just surprised. I mean, maybe I was distracted or something but-"

"Hey," Allison cut in, "It's okay. There doesn't have to be any blame. Hunting is dangerous."

Stiles nodded, relieved to see she wasn't blaming Derek.

"I'm just glad you're okay. I really thought I was gonna lose you. I wanted to call dad but-" She glanced over her shoulder at the now partially closed door. "I was afraid. If he was followed and it put them in danger..." she trailed off.

Stiles grabbed her hand, pulling her attention back to him.

"Thank you. I know you don't like working with them, but that means a lot."

Allison pursed her lips and shook her head, "I didn't like working with them, but I understood. But Stiles..." She blinked back fresh tears.

Stiles squeezed her hand gently.

"They saved you."

Stiles frowned.

"All of them. Without hesitation. Even that asshole, Theo. You were in too much pain, and it would've killed you. It made me realize just how utterly wrong we were about them."

"I'm sure it was because of the plan," Stiles objected. He hated to think that they cared if they didn't.

"No. I saw the looks on their faces. The worry. Especially Derek."

Stiles' tongue swiped across his lower lip. It tasted of soured blood.

"Well," Allison noted the discomfort. "I should let you rest. I have to call Lydia anyway. I told her I would call her this morning, but then..."

"What time is it?"

"Nearly noon," Allison answered.

"That means the council meeting is in a couple days. We have to set up the meeting with the hunters and-"

"Hey, I will handle it. I promise we're gonna fix this, but for now you need to rest."

Stiles leaned his head back against the solid wood frame of his bed. "Yeah."

Allison stood, leaning over to press a kiss to the top of Stiles' head. "Should I send in Derek?" she asked with a smirk as she neared the door.

"I'm sure he's...got a lot on his plate. You don't need to bother him," Stiles licked at his bottom lip again.