Hunting

Stiles was used to hunting with Allison. He'd done it for years. What he wasn't used to was hunting hunters. He would have thought hunting his own kind would be easy. He knew them. Knew how they thought, knew how they moved. But the images of Kai's dead body illuminated by the dim moonlight had his heart racing.

"You okay?" Allison whispered. She looked to Stiles with a concerned frown. She knew Stiles, and his hesitation didn't go unnoticed.

"This is it, Ally," he nodded towards the pair of hunters posted outside the back door.

"Yeah." She understood his concern. She had also experienced what it was like to put down one of their own.

"You want Garret or Nolan?" She asked.

Stiles flinched at their names. It was easier to think of them as just hunters, but he couldn't ignore that they had known them. Though he'd never hunted with either, he'd known them well enough. Two of Kate's most trusted.

A gentle crunch of underbrush behind them had them spinning in place, guns out and up in an instant.

Scott's hands flew into the air, "It's just me."

Stiles let out a relieved sigh as he rolled his eyes. "You're lucky we're not shooting on sight. What are you doing here?"

"Derek sent me to back up Allison."

"Where is he?" Stiles asked.

"Uh—" Scott glanced between Allison and Stiles.

"Scott." Stiles took a step towards the beta. His tone threatening.

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone."

"He's doing something stupid." Allison looked to Stiles with wide eyes. She knew he would be furious. What she didn't know, was how he would react.

"Scott, Gerard and Kate won't be reasoned with. If he charges in, then—"

"He's going in the front with Boyd," Scott blurted.

"What? Why?" Allison asked, her head whipping towards Scott.

"He thinks it'll cause a distraction to get you in the back."

"That stupid, stubborn—" Stiles turned towards where the front of the house was.

"Stiles, I'm not supposed to let you follow," Scott's hand shot out, grabbing Stiles' forearm.

The sound of gunfire from the front of the house pulled all of their attention.

"Go," Allison grabbed Scott's hand, which had fallen lax, and pulled him towards the hunters that were now on their way around.

Stiles bolted towards the sounds. His feet moved across the underbrush as fast as they could carry him. He was thankful that hunters didn't have werewolf hearing otherwise they'd have heard him coming.

Stiles reached the front of the house to see the front door hanging limply from its hinges. The sound of scuffling and shouting from inside were drowned out by the sound of his own heartbeat. The limp bodies of Jennifer and Harrison were sprawled over the front stoop.

The claw marks across Jennifer's throat made Stiles swallow hard. He had never been close to either of them, but he had known them well. They had trained him. Harrison had been the one to tie him to the warehouse chair.

A loud snarl, broke Stiles' trance, forcing his gun up. He stepped over the bodies and carefully stepped through the broken door.

There were a few more bodies of other hunters. One was conscious, holding a clawed arm, with his back against the wall.