Calm down

Derek scanned the small apartment. His eyes landed on the pages spread across the coffee table. News articles of the fire, the file on him and his pack, lunar cycles, werewolf mythology and much more.

Stiles was in the back of the apartment gathering necessities.

Derek noticed a picture of him hanging out of the folder with writing next to it. He slid the paper out further to see the full script.

'I'm not the monster you think me to be' was scribbled sloppily next to a picture of Derek that he didn't even know had been taken. It wasn't a clear shot of him.

"We should go, the longer we stay the more chances of running into someone," Stiles spoke walking down the hall then. He had a large duffle bag slung over his shoulder and another holster on his hip. This one held a gun.

Derek frowned. He'd never seen Stiles with a gun before.

"My blades aren't really that effective against hunters," Stiles rolled his eyes at Derek's expression.

"Would you really use it?" Derek challenged him.

"If necessary," Stiles growled.

His jaw was clenched too tight, Derek decided not to comment.

Stiles shoved his computer into it's case along with all the papers he'd left strewn about.

"That everything?" Derek asked when Stiles hesitated at the door.

Stiles glanced down the hall. He'd left his Ativan in the bathroom intentionally, but he was wondering if he should go back and get it.

"Stiles?" Derek's tone was patient, almost concerned.

Stiles forced his eyes to meet Derek's. "Yeah."

He pulled open the door of his apartment and froze.

"Stiles," Allison's voice gasped in a tone somewhere between relieved and scared. She pulled her phone from her pocket. It took Stiles a few seconds to have his gun out of his holster and pointed at her face.

"Put it away."

She paused but didn't make any move to put the phone away.

"Stiles, what's he doing here?" Allison asked then, her eyes suddenly on the man next to Stiles.

Stiles' hand shook as he kept the gun pointed at his best friend.

Derek didn't move.

"I said, put it away," Stiles repeated, his voice strained.

Allison slowly slid the phone back into her jeans pocket.

"Stiles, you have to tell me what's going on. Kate is in the hospital and your blade was at the house. You were supposed to meet dad, and no one could get a hold of you and now..." Allison's eyes slid to Derek again.

Stiles' hands only shook more.

"Stiles, tell me you didn't do it. Tell me he made you," Allison begged when he didn't respond.

Stiles' jaw clenched and his lip pulled into a partial snarl.

Derek could smell the anger rolling off of Stiles in waves. His hands were shaking, and his heart was hammering too fast.

"Stiles, you need to calm down," Derek spoke up then. His tone was gentle.

"Calm down?" Stiles snapped, turning to Derek. "You're gonna tell me to calm down?"

"I'm telling you not to do something you'll regret," Derek put his hand on the gun, forcing Stiles to lower it.

Stiles allowed him to, as tears sprung to his eyes.