Kai

His own heartbeat and the gentle thump of his feet hitting cement were the only sounds that reached Stiles' ears as he slipped from shadow to shadow. The buildings loomed over him, hiding him from the dangers he sought.

Normally his eyes would search for the moon, checking its apex and the fullness, but wolves weren't his quarry. Now he hunted the hunter. He tightened his grip on his one unsheathed dagger, his gun still up and aimed. He scanned for movement but saw nothing.

A barely audible shift alerted him. He remained still, awaiting another sound. A gentle press of shoe to concrete behind him told him he wasn't alone.

Before he could turn, a hand clasped over his mouth. He jabbed his knife backwards, sinking into soft flesh.

An anguished grunt broke the silence. Stiles twisted from his attacker's grasp. Pulling his blade out, he pressed the barrel of his gun to the underside of a jaw and jabbed his blade once more into the torso of-

"Derek?" Stiles hissed yanking the blade out.

Derek grunted again as he grabbed at his stomach.

"Oh my god, what the fuck?" Stiles whispered, sheathing his blade, and lowering his gun. "You can't sneak up on a hunter like that."

Derek glared up at Stiles from where he was doubled over, "You shouldn't be here," he rasped.

"I wasn't gonna let you go after them alone," Stiles hissed again, glancing over his shoulder for any signs that hunters were nearby.

Derek took in a labored breath.

"Fuck," Stiles swore when he saw the blood seeping through Derek's fingers. Flashes of the cemetery flooded Stiles' mind.

"I'm fine," Derek groaned.

"I stabbed you. Twice. With an aconite blade. You need help," Stiles ran a hand through his hair. "Listen to me, you need to go. I will take care of the hunters, but you need to get this-"

"No," Derek snapped, his eyes met Stiles and he could see the red seep into them. "I smell blood. Boyd's blood. They have him and I need to-"

"Allison is taking care of Boyd. You need to take care of yourself." It was Stiles' turn to cut in.

"What?" Derek frowned at Stiles, he leaned against the abandoned brick building.

"Boyd was badly hurt. I made Allison take him to Melissa," Stiles explained pressing his own hand to Derek's wound. He slid an arm around Derek's back to help support him, gun still in hand.

"I'm fine," Derek objected, but he didn't pull away.

"What part of you've been stabbed with aconite did you miss?" Stiles growled.

"We should go before the hunters find us," Derek's blood-soaked fingers were holding Stiles' hand in place on his stomach.

"There are others out there, we have to get rid of them. If they go back and tell-"

"No," Derek cut in again, "Boyd is safe, that was my mission coming out here."

"But they'll tell Kate and-"

"We're relocating, it's fine," Derek assured him.

"You're just gonna pick up and move everyone?"

"You think this is the first time?" Derek raised a brow at Stiles. "I relocated us twice when you were closing in,"

Stiles frowned but said nothing. He hated knowing that he was the reason Derek and his pack had left their home, twice.

Derek took in ragged breaths trying to push down the dizziness clawing at his head. He was in no shape to walk.