Undermined

*Smut chapter ahead*

Derek pushed open the loft door where Stiles had just stepped out of his room where he'd finished changing his shirt.

"You fucking told them," Derek's voice was steady as he slammed the door behind him.

"They deserved a proper explanation, and you weren't giving them one," Stiles shrugged, unfazed by Derek's sudden burst through the door or his anger.

"I was trying to save you from them," Derek shot an arm out behind him as if his pack were standing there. He now stood in the middle of the room.

"I was trying to save your status with them," Stiles shot back now just as bitterly. He was paused just outside of his door.

Derek's teeth clenched.

"Your loyalty, or what the hell ever you want to call it, to me, is going to lose them. They don't trust me like you do. They saw your blood on my hands when we walked in. Your blind faith to me will only carry them so far. You need to be honest. Even if they don't like it. Trust me, it's better that they know. Because whatever they were imagining in their head was ten times worse than the truth. I won't do anything to hurt you or them and I need a chance to prove that. Keeping the truth, no matter how awful, from them, won't help me do that."

Derek stalked towards Stiles with intent and purpose that had Stiles backing up towards his still partially open door. He backed up until his door was open and his back was pressed against it. His hand instinctually going for the blade on his thigh.

Derek reached him just as Stiles' hand touched the hilt.

"You won't be needing that," He growled as he grabbed Stiles' wrist and wrenched his arm up above his head. His mouth found Stiles' before he could respond. His other arm quickly meeting the other one.

Stiles was too stunned to process what was happening and hadn't even been prepared for an attack. It wasn't an attack, yet it felt like an attack if the grip on his wrists were anything to go by. However, the teeth biting into his bottom lip told him this wasn't the kind of attack where he necessarily had to fight back, but he couldn't just let Derek win. But part of him wanted to.

Instead Stiles decided to toy with Derek. He tilted his head back, exposing his throat. The thrill of danger that he used to get when hunting Derek swelled a bit in him. He was at Derek's mercy once again and if Derek wanted to he could kill him.

Derek halted briefly at the gesture. It wasn't just a tease; it was showing trust. Something Derek hadn't been sure he fully had from Stiles.

He bent forward and drug his lips along his pulse point. Listening to the way Stiles' heartbeat picked up. There was a mild uncertainty still and yet he'd exposed his throat anyway. The thought of that forced a low satisfied growl from Derek's throat.

Stiles tensed in Derek's grasp.

"I would never hurt you," Derek whispered against his skin. "No matter how much you piss me off."

Stiles seemed to relax slightly.

"Even when I undermine you when it comes to the pack?" He taunted.

Derek let out a more playful growl as he released Stiles' wrists. He grabbed for his thighs now and lifted.

Stiles wrapped his legs around Derek as he allowed his back to be pressed further into the door.

"You're irritating, you know that?" Derek growled as he kissed along Stiles jaw.

"You're stubborn," Stiles retorted, trying to keep his voice steady. "And you don't-