One of the best

*Ten years ago*

Allison laid next to Stiles on his bed. It was nearly midnight and Allison had snuck to Stiles' room like she often did after a nightmare or when she couldn't sleep. Tonight was the latter. Her mind was racing after their first week of hunter's schooling.

"What do you think it's gonna be like when we're hunters?" Allison asked turning on her side to face Stiles, propping herself up on her elbow.

Stiles, who remained on his back looked over at her with a thoughtful expression. "I don't know. But I do know that I'm gonna kill the Hale pack."

Allison gave a snort, "They'll never put you on that assignment."

"I'll be the best, they'll have to," Stiles gave a determined nod.

"Well, if you do, I'll help," Allison smiled at her now brother.

Stiles returned the smile, "Thanks."

-

*Present day*

Allison laid next to Stiles on his bed. He slept soundly next to her. The time on the clock read two-twenty a.m.

She looked over and thought back to all the times they would crash in each other's rooms, staying up late.

She never imagined she'd be laying next to him in a room that belonged to Derek Hale. She remembered the countless nightmares Stiles had of his dad. He hated werewolves almost as much as Gerard. He especially hated the Hale's. Now Stiles was in love with the alpha of the Hale pack. It didn't feel real.

She wanted to understand Stiles' sudden change of heart, but she didn't. She understood that Derek had helped Stiles find out the truth about his dad, but he was still an animal. He was still dangerous.

How Stiles slept so well with a pack full of wolves next door, she'd never know.

Her mind drifted to Kate next. She had always known Kate to be ruthless and cruel in her hunting, but learning that she'd caused the fire, Allison couldn't help but doubt. That was until she'd been poisoned. Guilt welled in her gut at the reminder of how she'd doubted Stiles.

Stiles had always said he wanted to be the best hunter, like Kate, and he was amazing. But he could never be as cruel. Kate had often drawn out a kill or tortured for the fun of it. Stiles found that to be a bit too inhumane. He went for the kill and that was it.

Allison should have known Stiles wasn't capable of doing something like that. She had been confused and hurt. The two times she'd seen Stiles since he left, he'd held a gun to her head and then to her dad's. She wanted to think he would never do something like that, but he had. Why was poisoning her not possible then? But it didn't make sense. She'd only been with Kate and Mason that day and she knew Mason could never do something like that. But Kate had convinced her that Stiles had been by.

Her dad had tried to tell her that Stiles hadn't done it, but Kate had been so convincing. She'd made so many good points.

"Stiles wants to hurt me, of course he'd use you." She should have known she didn't mean that much to Kate.

"He's not even your real family." She would never be able to think of Stiles as anything other than family.

"Stiles is one of the best hunters, you don't think he could poison you without you knowing?" Stiles was one of the best, but so was Kate.

"Honey he's working with the wolves now. He wants to take out the hunter's council. Of course he'd start with you." It made sense. And she knew he was working with Derek but why start with her?