My fault

Stiles sat in the back of the car with Derek's head on his lap, his own hands pressed over Derek's, covering the wounds. The wounds that wouldn't stop bleeding. The wounds he'd caused. 

"Why is this so much worse than the bullet?" Stiles asked, a desperation to his tone as he fought to keep the blood inside Derek's wounds. He ignored the sting of his own wound. The bullet Kai had shot him with was still lodged into the muscle.

"I was able to get the bullet out before too much aconite entered my system, so my body was able to start healing. This is a stab wound, they're always worse. The wolfsbane is able to get into the bloodstream. I can usually heal if it's not too bad, but this..." Derek glanced down at the blood still seeping through his and Stiles' fingers despite their best effort.

"It's bad," Stiles whispered knowingly. "I'm so sorry," He closed his eyes, fighting back tears. When he opened them, they met Isaac's in the rearview mirror. The worry in them rolled Stiles' gut.

"Is there a way to heal him faster?" Stiles asked, he would do anything.

"We have a cure that burns out most types of wolfsbane," Isaac said.

"Will that be enough?"

"It'll allow my body to heal the artery that was nicked, which would stop the bleeding," Derek took in a slow ragged breath. He knew if he had been anything other than a werewolf, he would have bled out by now, but his healing kept him alive, just enough.

Stiles' teeth sank into his lower lip. He hated seeing Derek like this and it was his fault.

"Where are you taking us?" Derek asked, his eyes closed as he took in labored breaths. He could feel the wolfsbane in his bloodstream. He'd need the cure soon.

"We relocated the pack to the northern loft."

"Boyd?" Derek winced as the car hit a bump in the road, jostling him.

Isaac frowned, "I...haven't heard from him."

"Allison called Scott. She should be wherever Scott is," Stiles said.

"He'd be at the northern loft then."

"Thank you," Derek looked up at Stiles.

Stiles didn't say anything. He didn't deserve Derek's thanks. He'd hurt Derek, again. He was careless and now Derek was suffering.

"I'm so sorry," Stiles apologized, "I didn't mean for this to happen."

"Don't," Derek pulled one of his hands out from under Stiles' and gripped his wrist. "I'll be fine."

"You've lost a lot of blood. I don't even know how you're still alive," Stiles' voice caught. A single tear slid down his cheek.

"What-what happened?" Isaac dared ask.

Stiles clenched his eyes shut.

"I wasn't careful," Derek answered around another ragged breath.

"It was my fault. I acted hastily and..." Stiles swallowed. He closed his eyes again, trying to hold back more tears.

"You did this?" Isaac turned over his shoulder. The stop light in front of him cast a red glow across his face.

"Isaac don't," Derek warned.

"It was an accident. I thought he was-"

"I snuck up behind him. It was my fault," Derek cut in.

"You two are gonna be the death of each other," Isaac shook his head, as he turned back to the now green light.

Stiles closed his eyes, turning his head away to look out the window. He knew Isaac was right, but it still hurt to hear.